+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

A reunion show would be great. Lifestyles are not easy to change. Maybe it's easier for the younger ones. I hardly ever got really tired or felt lazy when I was in my 20's or 30's.

I thought Mike tonight was great all around. His wife, Nancy--not so much. For all of his praising her for her support, she seemed like a wet blanket to me. The complaining when she had to drive the kids around was really irritating. Her husband was told he was on the verge of death, and she's whining about driving kids to friends' houses?

Chris usually calls out spouses like this, and he didn't with Nancy. I wondered whether it was because Mike was such a positive person and was ultimately so successful.
    sunshine3331 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I thought Mike tonight was great all around. His wife, Nancy--not so much. For all of his praising her for her support, she seemed like a wet blanket to me. The complaining when she had to drive the kids around was really irritating. Her husband was told he was on the verge of death, and she's whining about driving kids to friends' houses?

Chris usually calls out spouses like this, and he didn't with Nancy. I wondered whether it was because Mike was such a positive person and was ultimately so successful.
    Does he have a million dollar life insurance policy? That can explain a lot.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I fell asleep and missed the second hour. Did he meet his goal, how did he look, and did he get skin surgery?

Her whining in the car may have been in answer to a leading question by the producer. And, it may well be that that particular day was an extremely busy day for his wife. He said all along that his family was supportive. I think they tried to drum up a little drama because Mike was a drama free candidate. He met and exceeded all of his goals and looked fabulous at the end. The final weigh in included a renewal of vows ceremony with his wife of 20 years.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Did Mike say that he sustained broken ribs in that boxing match? Did he really want to do that? I wish the show could come up with something that is not so injurious to the contestants' body. That would enable them to continue in their excerise routine. I would think the muscle strains, torn ligaments, blisters, broken bones, etc., would hold you back just when you've gotten fit and into your workouts. It's almost like they sabotage them.

I think it's ironic that when the contestant is very obese and has lot of fat, they are forced to pose half naked with it all hanging out, and yet when they are fit and trim, they keep fully clothed! lol

I wonder what kind of scars the skin removal surgery leaves.

After I posted that I did a quick Google search. The scars are noticeable for quite a long time. They never completely go away but for some people will fade over time. One girl posted photos of her scars after 16 weeks. They were still bright red.
    Last edited by Photobabe; 08-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

He was on ET, I think it was the night before last night, and looked great!!

I have always heard that the scars are pretty bad, but the patient doesn't mind, because the only option is the loose hanging skin that is painful and retrictive. I guess I would choose the scars too.

Mike - info from Transformation video on the ABC website

l total
    Phase weight lbs lost lbs lost
    start wt 414 NA NA
    1 - 3 months 298 119 119
    2 - 6 months 240 58 177
    3 - 9 months 197 43 220
    4 - 12 months 196 1 221 * post surgery

Phase 1 - 3 months -13 weeks - lost an average of 9.07 lbs per week or 39 lbs per month

Phase 2 - 6 months - 13 weeks - lost an average of 4.46 lbs per week or 19 lbs per month

Phase 3 - 9 months - 13 weeks - lost an average of 3.3 lbs per week or 14.3 lbs per month

Lost an average of 5.64 lbs per week over a 9 month period or an average of 24.4 lbs per month
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread