+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Wow, the opening of Trina's show is making me tear up as her co-workers face the scale. One nurse weighs over 430 pounds! Trina weighed in at 290. This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out. I wonder if her coworkers are going to lose weight, too? I guess I'll find out within the hour.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Trina's mother was a total bitch. If my mother acted that way around me, I'd limit my contact with her. Though I think Trina took some passive aggressive pleasure at how dear mother dealt with the helicopter ride.
    PWS, Cootie and Photobabe like this.

I wonder how Trina is doing without Chris an the cameras. It looks like she doesn't do too well when on her own. I think her mother needs to move out and find her own place to live.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I just watched a little bit with Chris telling one of Trina's sons to eat his fast food in his bedroom. The entire family is not taking it seriously (except maybe the husband and daughter) that Trina is a food addict and her own family is hurting her. The woman needs to join FA - Food Addicts Anonymous. She needs some type of support team to really help with her addiction else I am sorry she will gain the weight back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What strikes me about this show is, that while Chris is a great trainer and appears to have the best intentions at heart, he is no trained therapist. I don't want a Dr. Drew or that weird therapist from Celebrity Therapy, but off screen, where the participants get real, honest, unfilmed therapy. Go ahead and film the weight loss, but dealing with personal loss, whether it be abandonment feelings or parental humiliation or whatever, I really would like the participants to be healed, body and mind. I realize ABC being altruistic is a bit out of the gambit...The Bachelor/ette anyone?...but I don't like to see people in THAT much mental pain.

I think that Chris is to busy taking the show's producer's orders by insisting the contestants do unsafe stunts. I recall when he insisted the guy with one arm ride the bike. It was obvious this was about the tv show drama and not the contestant. The contestant tried to explain to Chris that he wanted to avoid injury, because if he was injured he couldn't continue the workouts. Even the guy's doctor thought it was a crazy idea. So pathetic.

THen with Trina, he has to add all that additional weight to her and make her unsafe, so he can show her how unsafe all that weight was. ??? That was done for tv drama, IMO. They don't mind sacrificing the contestant for their own purpose.

Trina needed help wrapping her mind around why her mom is verbally abusive. The woman is a sadist and needs therapy. Trina's family is poison to her. I pray she can maintain. She's too nice for that group she's from.

I do wish Walmart or the tv show could have scraped up a little more than $250.00 gift cards for the nurses. A little cheap, I think.
    PWS likes this.

Deb, I agree about the gift cards for the nurses. I think $1,000 each would have been appropriate. Did anyone else notice that the 400+ pound nurse only lost 14 pounds?
    PWS likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

What an insecure and unhappy person Trina's mother is. The best thing she could do is limit her contact with that horrid woman. I was SO wishing Chris would talk to the family about losing weight and get Trina's mom up on a scale. Talk about a hypocrite!
    PWS, Photobabe and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I did notice that Ebony, I think it was, had lost 14 or 15 lbs. at the first group weigh in...and no more by the final one. YOu notice they didn't dwell on it, which was nice of them, but at Ebony's weight she could lose that the day before a weigh in by not drinking... Heck, I'm not near her weight and I can lose that in a few days easily...but I just gain it all back of course.

That mom, good grief! What a B%^$C#! Instead of saying your middle looks smaller she points out the apron and the "flabby arms"...flabby because the fat is going. She knows about the skin surgery surely, and that this is therefore a temporary condition... Yikes.. move away from mom.
    I wondered almost if she has SAD... she was SO happy in sunny CA and so miserable and depressed in wintry Midwest. Of course in CA she was also away from mom...

One other pet peeve of mine is when the trainers ride the back of the contestant. It used to be popular sport on another weight loss show too. IMO, it is very demeaning to the overweight contestant. The trainer may think it's fun or helpful, but I wonder what the true psychological damage could be. While Trina was not at her heaviest when Chris' wife was riding her back, if you are very heavy and your joints are already overstressed, it seems insame to exert more pressure on them with extra weight.

I really wish the weight loss shows could put the piggy back rides to rest. Their contestants deserve more respect.
    PWS likes this.

+ Reply to Thread