+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have a mid to large frame and folks always think I weight less than I actually do.
    My soon to be 16 year old daughter is like that. She is all skeleton, size 2 but can't fit my rings
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I really enjoyed last night's episode. I originally thought Ryan would be a disaster--he seemed very immature and unmotivated. But in the end, I was shocked at exactly how mature he was for a 23-year-old (barring the crazy starvation diet--I'm glad they basically shut down his program until he changed his ways).

Real people with real (and I mean real) problems living in the real world--contrast that with "Biggest Loser," which half the time has to trump up "tragedies" for some of their contestants who are, frankly, just lazy and/or selfish (Conda being one good example). I wish this show would get more attention!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I really enjoyed last night's episode. I originally thought Ryan would be a disaster--he seemed very immature and unmotivated. But in the end, I was shocked at exactly how mature he was for a 23-year-old (barring the crazy starvation diet--I'm glad they basically shut down his program until he changed his ways).

Real people with real (and I mean real) problems living in the real world--contrast that with "Biggest Loser," which half the time has to trump up "tragedies" for some of their contestants who are, frankly, just lazy and/or selfish (Conda being one good example). I wish this show would get more attention!
    Please, that name is never spoken. If you say it, it may appear.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

At 5'5" and 155 most people would still look chunky--if not everyone.

Loved the spirit on Ryan.... I did wonder if he would have made his goals without the crazy eating though. I went on one of those protein shake diets...really lost quickly and after the first week it was easy, BUT hair fell out,as they warned us....but they said it USUALLY grows back... mine didn't, still thin many years later. Even after the lbs. came back.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The couple did a pretty amazing make over---the problem with the skin surgery, needed as it is is that it seems to really slow down their ability to lose the last 3 months---e.g., her legs still looked quite heavy even though the rest of her had trimmed up well. I did notice that her gums were practically gray...hopefully she's eating some more iron now. She's really a pretty woman--her face looked good at all weights.

Yes, her face looked amazing. I wonder if they pick people whom they know won't have saggy faces when the weight is gone. I noticed her legs, too. It may be just how she's built; my mother has always been thin and petite but has thick ankles. Meanwhile, my ankles are bony no matter how much I weigh.

I didn't think Jason was quite as whiny and resistant as Chris made him out to be. There was the one weird scene where Jason "had" to come see him, but that smelled pretty fake to me.

All in all, though, I enjoyed the show per usual.

Jason and Rachel - husband and wife Season 3 Episode 4

Jason - 35 yrs old
    Phase Start Goal lbs Actual End
    Wt: to lose lbs lost Wt:
    *: 45 days 362 150* 41 321
    1: 3 months 362 150* 86 276
    2: 6 months 276 ** 21 251
    3: 9 months 251 ** 40 215
    4: 12 months 215 ** 18 197

Jason lost a total of 165 lbs

Rachel 34 yrs old
    Phase Start Goal lbs Actual End
    Wt: to lose lbs lost Wt:
    *: 45 days 290 150* 39 251
    1: 3 months 290 150* 75 215
    2: 6 months 215 ** 28 187
    3: 9 months 187 ** 29 158
    4: 12 months 158 ** 13 145

Rachel lost a total of 145 lbs

** Chris was giving the couple joint weight loss goals but over all to be able to qualify for skin removal surgery they had to both lose a 40 to 50% of their original body weight.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-07-2013 at 12:17 AM.

I had mixed feelings about last night (though I bawled over the reunion scene in Chile--the birth mom just broke my heart). Two contestants this season pretty much developed disorders over eating and exercise in Phase 1--I wonder if it's because the show has been on for a couple years and they know how rigorous it will be? You can tell it upsets Chris, which is good--BL encourages this kind of stuff, IMHO. I hope they can screen better for this in the future.

I liked Jami at times...other times she struck me as self-absorbed. Can't argue with her work ethic, though. She really put in the time and effort.

I had a hard time liking Jami. Her initial comment about her adoptive mom "being a person who didn't want to be a better person" stuck me as so judgmental and mean. Your adoptive mom is not who you want her to be so you don't like her. You dismiss the fact that she adopted you, fed you, sheltered you and because she couldn't love you the way you wanted you dismiss her from your life and act as if the only person who loves you has worth in your eyes is your biological mom. Jami has a skewed sense of worth.

During her final weight in I do have to admit she has a great pair of legs, but a weird looking torso. It looks as if her rib cage is larger than her hips.

+ Reply to Thread