+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

I got the snarky little sister vibe. Her attitude was why should I have to suffer/eat in hiding just because you can't control yourself? This is a valid feeling that many people who don't have food issues have. My boys could never understand why I can't have a bag of chips in the house and not eat the whole thing. Now I tell them if they want that stuff they need to eat it out of the house or I will buy it for special occasions only when I know it will be eaten and gone. I am home all day so I hear any of that stuff calling to me.

My other problem is that I am a really good cook so even if I don't buy it I just make it. Yesterday I wanted macarons so I made a batch. Next step will be to stop buying ingredients, too.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Love this show and glad it's back (although I had no idea it had already started last week). The setbacks, etc., are so much more realistic than Biggest Loser, and IMHO, people's issues are, too.

The only thing that made me uncomfortable last night was Chris allowing and even encouraging Meredith to continue with the marathon when her knee was hurting. They knew she had a true injury, not just general aches and pains. I have several friends who now have lifelong issues with knees, Achilles' tendons, etc., thanks to running hurt. I wish they'd followed up to show us whether she fully recovered. She's young, so it's possible.

Didn't like the sister at all. The relationship between the two girls is just weird...Meredith had said earlier in the show that they were not close. The parents seemed like great people, though.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I got the snarky little sister vibe. Her attitude was why should I have to suffer/eat in hiding just because you can't control yourself? This is a valid feeling that many people who don't have food issues have. My boys could never understand why I can't have a bag of chips in the house and not eat the whole thing. Now I tell them if they want that stuff they need to eat it out of the house or I will buy it for special occasions only when I know it will be eaten and gone. I am home all day so I hear any of that stuff calling to me.

My other problem is that I am a really good cook so even if I don't buy it I just make it. Yesterday I wanted macarons so I made a batch. Next step will be to stop buying ingredients, too.
    Let's see, macaroons...aren't they just eggs and sugar basically? So no more eggs in the house? OK, I guess no coconut...or with your spelling apparently no almond flour....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Let's see, macaroons...aren't they just eggs and sugar basically? So no more eggs in the house? OK, I guess no coconut...or with your spelling apparently no almond flour....
    I was making the colourful French kind with almond flour- yep. Then I used a blueberry caramel and an apricot/raspberry as the sandwich fillings. I have a Vitamix blender so I make my own flours. I'd have to not have almonds in the house....or sugar but boy with a cup of tea in the afternoon I was a happy fat chick.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I haven't really enjoyed an episode for a long time. I really liked Meredith and her attitude. I luv'ed how she transformed herself. I also liked that we had a normal height person of 5'5", although she still had the same pear shaped figure and belly heavy like previous clients. This is the first time I have ever heard Chris mention the height of the featured person. It is also interesting to see him switch up how he is dealing with the clients. Last week he split up the twins, this week he let Meredith be on her own for the first 45 days. I do think that she is the first client who worked out consistently, ate right consistently and video tapped herself consistently. I did think it was totally wacked out to run a marathon on a partially torn meniscus.

Meniscus tears: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Meniscus tears refer to a tear in the shock-absorbing cartilage (meniscus) of the knee.
    Considerations

The meniscus is a C-shaped piece of cartilage located in the knee. Cartilage is found in certain joints and forms a buffer between the bones to protect the joint. The meniscus serves as a shock-absorption system, assists in lubricating the knee joint, and limits the ability to flex and extend the joint.

Causes

Meniscal tears are most commonly caused by twisting or over-flexing the knee joint.
    I also like that Chris made Meredith go a full year of dieting and working out to reach her goal weight before the skin surgery. I am also glad that he mentioned that Meredith had a small frame because at the final weight in at 5'5" and 155lbs she still looked chunky in the middle.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Meredith Season 3 Episode 2

Meredith 24 yrs old 55
    Phase Start Goal lbs Actual End
    Wt: to lose lbs lost Wt:
    1: 3 months 314 80 84 230
    2: 6 months 230 50 32 198
    3: 9 months 198 43 22 176
    4: 12 months 176 21 21 155
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-08-2013 at 11:36 PM.

No new episode until June 25. Why start a season, air 2 episodes and have a 3 week period with no new episodes????? Way to keep an audience.

Argh! I don't pay much attention to the TV schedule so I sat expectantly in front of the TV last Tuesday... I can see preempting it for pro sports finals, but a 3-week break?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I haven't really enjoyed an episode for a long time. I really liked Meredith and her attitude. I luv'ed how she transformed herself. I also liked that we had a normal height person of 5'5", although she still had the same pear shaped figure and belly heavy like previous clients. This is the first time I have ever heard Chris mention the height of the featured person. It is also interesting to see him switch up how he is dealing with the clients. Last week he split up the twins, this week he let Meredith be on her own for the first 45 days. I do think that she is the first client who worked out consistently, ate right consistently and video tapped herself consistently. I did think it was totally wacked out to run a marathon on a partially torn meniscus.

Meniscus tears: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

I also like that Chris made Meredith go a full year of dieting and working out to reach her goal weight before the skin surgery. I am also glad that he mentioned that Meredith had a small frame because at the final weight in at 5'5" and 155lbs she still looked chunky in the middle.
    I am a very small person- 5'1 and my ring size is a 4,5 I am heavier than I want to be and I'd need to be considerably smaller than 155 to not look overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I am a very small person- 5'1 and my ring size is a 4,5 I am heavier than I want to be and I'd need to be considerably smaller than 155 to not look overweight.
    I have a mid to large frame and folks always think I weight less than I actually do.

+ Reply to Thread