+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Did anyone else watch tonight? I think Ashley's emotional transformation was the greatest of any contestant so far. It was incredible to see how she went from an immature, scared girl to an extremely confident woman in just a year. Plus she looked amazing!
    Debb70 likes this.

Ashley's family is made of dYsfunction! The mother smiled when she did not lose enough for the apt.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Yes, Ashley's family is very dysfunctional. Also, the show must have paid Ashley's portion of the rent for the house she moved to. I know she said that friends invited her to move in with them, but I still think the show was helping out with living expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ashley's family is made of dYsfunction! The mother smiled when she did not lose enough for the apt.
    That bothered me too. When Chris mentioned the other siblings bringing junk food in all the time & sabotaging Ashley's diet, the mother smiled & looked like she was about to break out cackling.
    What the heck is wrong with some of these families?
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Also at reveal one of the sisters looked like should could care less. The mom looked put out over the gift card for $50,000 also!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Yes, Ashley's family is very dysfunctional. Also, the show must have paid Ashley's portion of the rent for the house she moved to. I know she said that friends invited her to move in with them, but I still think the show was helping out with living expenses.
    I just assumed she'd finished cosmetology school and found a job.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah, that family was seriously off. What mother is so cruel to her child like she was? It was so upsetting. And the host so kind to the mother when they were in the hospital room after her daughter had the skin removal surgery. He acted like her mom was now just fine with her daugther. I don't buy it. I would not trust her. I see her as someone who would love to see you fail. It's relatives like her that would make me consider breaking ties. Toxic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, that family was seriously off. What mother is so cruel to her child like she was? It was so upsetting. And the host so kind to the mother when they were in the hospital room after her daughter had the skin removal surgery. He acted like her mom was now just fine with her daugther. I don't buy it. I would not trust her. I see her as someone who would love to see you fail. It's relatives like her that would make me consider breaking ties. Toxic IMO.
    I think Chris was just being nice. I'm sure he didn't want to stir up any trouble - or really, point out the elephant in the room - when Ashley was already going through a lot having just come through surgery.

It felt to me like the mother was jealous of the attention her daughter was getting. Her father seemed happy for her, but he's his own kind of mess. This is the first family this season where I thought they would be asking for some of that WalMart gift card money.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think this show saved Ashley's life between, Chris helping her physically, the therapist helping her mentally and getting out of her mother's house you could see Ashley grown up into a adult. I would not be surprised if her mother, father or sisters try to get Ashley to use that Walmart gift card for their benefit.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think this show saved Ashley's life between, Chris helping her physically, the therapist helping her mentally and getting out of her mother's house you could see Ashley grown up into a adult. I would not be surprised if her mother, father or sisters try to get Ashley to use that Walmart gift card for their benefit.
    I thought that as soon as Chris gave it to her. I'm glad a few other people had the same thought.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread