+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition (ABC)

FORT Fogey

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

I have this on my DVR and watch the first 5 mins and the final weigh in. It is way too long with way too much filler. One hour is all this show needs. I think her legs are in need of some extensive surgery. The long dress spoke to that.

I watched the first hour--up way too late Sat. night so turned it off and plan to watch the rest on abc.com tonight. I agree the show could be trimmed (although Tony's story could have been a made-for-TV movie!). That said, I find it MUCH more realistic than BL, and I think Chris gets better results, as well. Notice that his coaching style is extremely supportive BUT in the end it's up to the contestant to continue or not. Too many BL coaches practically beg their people to take this journey seriously. I find Chris a more effective listener as well. Those are my impressions, anyway. The aims and structures of the shows are very different, so I guess everyone works within the parameters they're given.

Once again another positive episode. I liked Jacquie a lot. She also "gets it". I liked the fact that she whined & wanted to give up, but refused to. This is great life advice in itself.
    If something is tough & you don't think you can do it, do it anyway. Ignore your limitations & just keep going nomatter what. If something is truly beyond your capabilities, revamp & approach it from a different method.

I agree that 2 hours is a bit long. I tend to go off & do other things with the TV on, checking in every so often.
    I can see why they make it so long though. I think they are trying to get across the length of time involved in the accomplishment & that life gets in the way, but they are finding a way to make it work for them. After a year, hopefully it's become habit.
    Any shorter & it may look to the viewers like it's easy & the weight just falls right off.

Jacquie was a real hottie in the end. Good for her.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'm about half in love with Chris Powell. I never would want to be at the point where I would NEED his help, but I wouldn't be so sad to see him on my doorstep!

ETA: I just finished watching the Jacqui's episode right now and wow, the smaller she got, the more she looked like Sutton Foster! At least without makeup....
    Pipe Colors: sutton-foster

I was glad to see her husband working out with her as well and being so supportive.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-11-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Just watched Tony's episode. Wow, what an inspiration. Yes, he should how if you really want something you can find a way. He especially had courage. Hope he continues to do well.

Never stopped crying. Needed the tissue box.

OK after Jacqui's episode there was a Where are they now? Notice and then that the next episode with the Greek boy won't be until July 1st. Which is 3 weeks from now? What is going on?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

OK, there are 2 Where Are They Now? segments up on ABC's website one for Tony and one for Jacqui and it's about 1 year after the show wrapped. Jacqui looks as if she has lost even more weight. Her legs and butt are really toned. She has helped her younger sister lose 48 lbs and she plans to become a weight loss coach and will be a coach on season 3 of the Extreme Makeover. Tony has kept the weight off, is still engaged to Diana, and works in the fast food industry and is working on a cook book.

Ahh...........NBA Championships next Sunday so no EMWLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm about half in love with Chris Powell. I never would want to be at the point where I would NEED his help, but I wouldn't be so sad to see him on my doorstep!
    I'm TOTALLY in love with Chris Powell. I was halfway there til I saw him sit down at the piano....mmmm....
    Critical likes this.

FORT Fogey

I wish this show was only an hour long. I watched the Secret Millionaire, then this show. There's other things I should be doing instead of watching TV for three straight hours.

+ Reply to Thread