+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Re: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Wow, from the lack of posts here I am getting a real vibe that people are not watching this series. Where's the love?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Wow, from the lack of posts here I am getting a real vibe that people are not watching this series. Where's the love?
    I don't like Chris Powell. Or, rather, I find him boring. He doesn't have enough personality to carry the show. In theory, it should be less boring than TBL, because it's shorter and there's less filler and completely lacks gameplay. But something about it isn't working.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I don't like Chris Powell. Or, rather, I find him boring. He doesn't have enough personality to carry the show. In theory, it should be less boring than TBL, because it's shorter and there's less filler and completely lacks gameplay. But something about it isn't working.
    I think A&E's Heavy did it right. Similar format but I was rooting for the people. In one hour you would see 2 trainers, 2 participants, their before and afters, sessions with the therapist and nutritionist and yet not feel as it there was not enough time. With this show I feel the 1 hour format is too long and fast forward through a lot just to see the weight ins and the finale. If this show was 20 minutes long it would be just fine.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm liking it. I especially like seeing what his goal is for each quarter. Tonight's woman was interesting in that we learned that of her last 3 months 6 weeks were spent recovering from the skin removal surgery. Not that she lost much that quarter anyway--probably about the weight of the skin---but it definitely would throw you off your track. I wonder if it isn't better to wait until they are closer to goal to do it, although I agree, exercising with all that skin flopping around would not be fun. I'd love if they would show close ups of the "scars" from that surgery--I've always been curious about that. Tonight's woman seemed maybe to lose her incentive when she lost "Bertha", as she called her tummy rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm liking it. I especially like seeing what his goal is for each quarter. Tonight's woman was interesting in that we learned that of her last 3 months 6 weeks were spent recovering from the skin removal surgery. Not that she lost much that quarter anyway--probably about the weight of the skin---but it definitely would throw you off your track. I wonder if it isn't better to wait until they are closer to goal to do it, although I agree, exercising with all that skin flopping around would not be fun. I'd love if they would show close ups of the "scars" from that surgery--I've always been curious about that. Tonight's woman seemed maybe to lose her incentive when she lost "Bertha", as she called her tummy rolls.
    Thanks for that info PWS I tend to fast forward through some of the show, shades of Biggest Loser. I was looking for scars during the reveal on her arms. I was surprised to see how lose the skin on her arms still was and was wondering why the surgeon did not remove more as her arms were still flabby.

June 27, 2011 - episode 5 LaRhonda - 433lbs

phase 1 goal - 100lbs - actual wt lost - 100lbs
    phase 2 goal - 60lbs - actual wt lost - 60lbs
    phase 3 goal - 23lbs - actual wt lost - 36lbs
    phase 4 goal - none given - actual wt lost - 35lbs

start wt: 433lbs
    phase 1: 333lbs
    phase 2: 273lbs
    phase 3: 237lbs
    phase 4: 202lbs

total lost: 231lbs

I liked this episode, I felt good for LaRhonda and was rooting for her. Although she had her up and downs she worked through them and achieved her phase 1, 2 and 3 goals and even after surgery she managed to lose enough weight to be 35lbs lighter. I feel like she gets it and wants it and will keep up with it. I would love to see her at the end of this yr to see is she has continued her wt loss journey. I do feel that she will keep it up. I wonder if it is her personality? Anyway I wish her the best.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    June 27, 2011 - episode 5 LaRhonda - 433lbs

phase 1 goal - 100lbs - actual wt lost - 100lbs
    phase 2 goal - 60lbs - actual wt lost - 60lbs
    phase 3 goal - 23lbs - actual wt lost - 36lbs
    phase 4 goal - none given - actual wt lost - 35lbs

start wt: 433lbs
    phase 1: 333lbs
    phase 2: 273lbs
    phase 3: 237lbs
    phase 4: 202lbs

total lost: 231lbs
    I think her ending weight was 231lbs. She lost a total of 202 lbs. Hence, she only lost 6 lbs in the last 3months due to being off exercise for 6 weeks post surgery.

I liked this episode, I felt good for LaRhonda and was rooting for her. Although she had her up and downs she worked through them and achieved her phase 1, 2 and 3 goals and even after surgery she managed to lose enough weight to be 35lbs lighter. I feel like she gets it and wants it and will keep up with it. I would love to see her at the end of this yr to see is she has continued her wt loss journey. I do feel that she will keep it up. I wonder if it is her personality? Anyway I wish her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I think her ending weight was 231lbs. She lost a total of 202 lbs. Hence, she only lost 6 lbs in the last 3months due to being off exercise for 6 weeks post surgery.
    That's what I got from it too - she only lost 6 lbs after surgery. I'm sure that it's really difficult to work out while recovering from that surgery, so that amount of weight loss isn't surprising.

I think the way they show the final weight and the amount of weight lost is a bit confusing since they're shown one on top of the other on that board.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread