+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Quints By Surprise

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quints By Surprise

I've searched here for a thread about this show and found none, so I'm starting one. Don't know how long it's been on the air, but in my humble opinion, it is worth your time (particularly if a similar show left a bad taste in your mouth) I happened to stumble upon QUINTS BY SURPRISE while channel surfing.

The couple, Ethan and Casey Jones, are so sweet and so genuine you just gotta love 'em. They had an daughter named Eliot and then decided to try for one more and . . . . . SURPRISE!!

Five beautiful babies later, we are introduced to four girls: Brooklyn, Ryan, Britton & Lila and one son Jack.

These children are actually allowed to get dirty & messy and Mom seems to delight in giving them little jobs to do like rolling dough into balls for chicken and dumplings and stuffing goodies bags for their own birthday party. As you might have guessed, all of that leads to some pretty funny material made for our tv viewing pleasures.

You can watch it on TLC on Monday nights at 10 and again at 10:30
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Re: Quints By Surprise

I am not surprised this is on TLC. I wonder what is there obsession with lots of babies and Little People. Little People need representation too so I suppose what TLC is doing is good. However, the world is overpopulated. Can we not glamorize this sort of thing? I guess the Kate plus 8 and "we weren't planning on this" type shows aren't so bad, but I get worried we won't have enough water on the planet in 40 years. And to end this rant, I might catch an episode or two of this show.

I love this show. There have been several episodes before but I don't it was picked up for season. I haven't seen the new ones from this week yet, but all of the past episodes are really good.

FORT Fanatic

I've watched parts of pretty much all the episodes, I think, but all those screaming kids make me turn the channel periodically. I think the parents are absolutely marvelous - they are the best part of the show. They should be nominated for sainthood.

FORT Fogey

Did they use fertility drugs?

RealityLovesMe wrote: ....the world is overpopulated.
    If you google overpopulation myth you will find countless sites tell you it is just not true.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-12-2011 at 08:44 AM.

I'm just bored with multiples shows. Its not out of the ordinary anymore.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I've seen the past episodes of this show but missed the new one(s) because I didn't realize it was still going to be on. I don't like the idea of exploiting more kids this way, but I have to say back when I watched it I sort of liked it. The parents were much more likeable than those who shall remain nameless. I also found the kids to be cuter and more watchable than those other ones I don't speak of. I am not trying to be rude, but they were just more attractive kids, and the whole family seemed more real to me. There was alot of screaming though, I do remember that.

I don't really care if it continues or not, because I do have issues with the children being filmed at such an early age. I haven't seen anybody being disimpacted or filmed on the potty yet though, so I suppose there is that to be grateful for.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I've seen the past episodes of this show but missed the new one(s) because I didn't realize it was still going to be on. I don't like the idea of exploiting more kids this way, but I have to say back when I watched it I sort of liked it. The parents were much more likeable than those who shall remain nameless. I also found the kids to be cuter and more watchable than those other ones I don't speak of. I am not trying to be rude, but they were just more attractive kids, and the whole family seemed more real to me. There was alot of screaming though, I do remember that.

I don't really care if it continues or not, because I do have issues with the children being filmed at such an early age. I haven't seen anybody being disimpacted or filmed on the potty yet though, so I suppose there is that to be grateful for.
    Those who shall not be named seemed pretty likeable at the start too. I hope this family doesn't let fame go to their heads.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Did they use fertility drugs?

If you google overpopulation myth you will find countless sites tell you it is just not true.
    You will also find many sites that say global warming is a myth and 9/11 is a hoax.
    And yes, they used fertility treatment. The husband had low sperm count so they used donor sperm through intrauterine insemination.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Those who shall not be named seemed pretty likeable at the start too. I hope this family doesn't let fame go to their heads.
    I hope so too. I don't see any of Kate's nastiness in the mother on this show, though. Kate always seemed suspect to me, I never did really like her. She just is not a likeable person.

In a way I hope the show doesn't continue because I really don't think it's fair (or healthy) to kids to put them in the fishbowl which is reality tv at an early age.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast