+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Quints By Surprise

Re: Quints By Surprise

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I hope so too. I don't see any of Kate's nastiness in the mother on this show, though. Kate always seemed suspect to me, I never did really like her. She just is not a likeable person.

In a way I hope the show doesn't continue because I really don't think it's fair (or healthy) to kids to put them in the fishbowl which is reality tv at an early age.
    A couple of specials, maybe a "how are they doing" updates, but let the kids grow up kids, not entertainers.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

It is a catch 22. Without the show, it is really expensive to raise all those kids. With the show, you get a lot of parenting criticism. I don't know what I would do in that situation. I'd probably do the show and take the money.

I know they need the money. On the first episodes, the husband got laid off (or something to cause less income) and they had the sell their large house for a smaller house. Several of the episodes dealt with their money situation.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    It is a catch 22. Without the show, it is really expensive to raise all those kids. With the show, you get a lot of parenting criticism. I don't know what I would do in that situation. I'd probably do the show and take the money.
    I would too. I am not interested in watching it though!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    But there has to be a balance. The temptation the money and fame brings could lead you down a "they who shall remain nameless" path. You don't want to sacrifice your children's happiness and privacy for the all mighty dollar.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just love this show. Casey allows (even encourages) the kids to sometimes get dirty and messy. When the kids puke or have diahhrea, they're just like "oh well". Kate would be having a fit about these things.

FORT Fanatic

The husband is a building contractor. For a while, things were going great. They built a huge house for themselves when they had just one child, thinking in a few years they could sell it and build an even larger one. Then the crash hit. They eventually had to sell the house (although I think they got what price they were asking) and had to move to a smaller one. The Dad's own father had to co-sign a mortgage so they could buy something else.

The Dad had just started a graduate program when they learned they were expecting multiples. He went to class two nights a week for a year or so. I believe had had to drive about two hours each way to class.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150 View Post
    The husband is a building contractor. For a while, things were going great. They built a huge house for themselves when they had just one child, thinking in a few years they could sell it and build an even larger one. Then the crash hit. They eventually had to sell the house (although I think they got what price they were asking) and had to move to a smaller one. The Dad's own father had to co-sign a mortgage so they could buy something else.

The Dad had just started a graduate program when they learned they were expecting multiples. He went to class two nights a week for a year or so. I believe had had to drive about two hours each way to class.
    Forgot to add that eventually the college gave him free tuition due to their unusual situation.

FORT Newbie

I really like this show. The parents are so likeable and the show actually seems pretty real. It's cute!

To a previous poster, where did you read they used donor sperm? I think the kids look like a blend of both parents so that really surprises me. Also if he has any sperm at all the doctors can work with that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    But there has to be a balance. The temptation the money and fame brings could lead you down a "they who shall remain nameless" path. You don't want to sacrifice your children's happiness and privacy for the all mighty dollar.
    I don't think it is about money and fame. I think the initial decision is about providing for your kids. Plus, I don't think kids value privacy as much as adults. I am still trying to catch up on watching this show. I think TLC is trying to make this family the anti-Jon and Kate. It isn't a bad thing. I actually prefer the other show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast