+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPOUSE vs HOUSE on TLC Wednesday @ 10pm

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

SPOUSE vs HOUSE on TLC Wednesday @ 10pm

New show premiered on May 4th.

Here's the premise:

Spouse Vs. House is a brand new makeover and relationship show with a big twist! In each show a couple is given the cash so at last they can afford to create their dream home. But here's the catch: one will have to move out for three weeks leaving their partner to make every home improvement decision alone and do much of the work. Meanwhile the other half is off to a warehouse to create their fantasy home in a life size replica.

Hosted by Ryan Brown

Meet Ryan Brown: Spouse Vs. House: TLC
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: SPOUSE vs HOUSE on TLC Wednesday @ 10pm

Darn! Had set my reminder to watch this last night but still manged to miss it. I think I fell asleep just before it came on. They say it's a lot like Trading Spaces. Should be interesting.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The first show, featuring the Andersons, was interesting . . . . in a "I don't mind watching but I certainly wouldn't want to participate" kind of way.

They did end up with a very much improved kitchen so I guess it was a success. Their taste was definitely not my taste or even anywhere close and Mrs. Anderson got no sympathy from me when she shed tears at the thought of traveling across town and leaving hubby for THREE WEEKS!

Helloooooooooo . . . . . former Navy wife here. It's only 21 days! Your husband is staying in the comfort of your own home (not deploying to a foreign country on a battleship). You are being put up in a hotel, free of charge, and not left at home to contend with leaking toilets, grass that needs to be mowed and appliances that breakdown the minute the ship leaves the dock. Oh, and did I mention . . . . you were given a budget of $25,000 to remodel your home!!! Suck it up!

Okay . . . I'll step down from the soapbox now.

Anybody else watch?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yes, I watched it. How fortunate that all his friends were in the construction industry, otherwise he would have been in a world of hurt. Obviously labor costs are not included in the $25,000. they are allotted for the remodel.

Crybaby wife got on my nerves too with all her whining about being apart for three whole weeks. Wah wah wah.
    It was interesting to see his vision of what he thought she wanted with the remodel & decor versus what she came up with in the dollhouse remodel. I will probably watch this show again.

I wouldn't want to leave any home remodel, home decor decisions up to my husband without my input. YIKES!

I'd not heard of this show; clicked on the link upthread, and thought "Oh, that Ryan!" (from Jeff Lewis' Flipping Out).
    It does sound interesting. Thanks, Little Sew&Sew, for starting this this thread.
    remember to play

While I have always liked Ryan and it was good seeing him in this show . I did not care for it at all.
    KAREN

I too forgot about this show but it is opposite Top Chef & South Park. These are the shows that I used ti like about TLC.
    Now-a-days TLC is more focused on the "oddities" in life rather than great TV shows.
    Other than Hoarders(A&E's version is better) I can't think of any other show I watch on TLC. They lost me when they invented KATE.

What happened to this show? I liked it and hope it wasn't canceled.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread