+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dance Scene (SYTYCD Alumns)

Dance Scene (SYTYCD Alumns)

The Dance Scene | Official TV Show | E! Online

I happened to catch two episodes (because nothing else was on lol) and was surprised to see Kherington and Paula from SYTYCD on it. The show revolves around Laurieann Gibson (remember her? The really mean choreographer on SYTYCD who made them cry?) and her studio.

It was ok. I'll probably watch again if nothing else is on.

I was stunned by how mean Laurieann was to Kherington though. Not really sure why she hired her if she hates her so much. Paula is an amazing dancer though and she's grown even more since her appearance on SYTYCD.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Re: Dance Scene (SYTYCD Alumns)

I caught one episode and decided not to put in on my DVR. Laurieann is difficult to watch. The show revolves around her there wasn't anything to balance that. Being mean to Kerrington made no sense.

What did you think of those very short shorts that Laurieann wears everywhere? She even went to a red carpet event with sparkly ones on, I was laughing. My husband said "Is her head shaved? Are they still doing that?" Meaning, he thought that style had gone out with the '80's.

He was cracking me up with his commentary and then he begged me to not make him watch it again.

I kept trying to figure out what exactly Kherington was doing wrong, she was dancing exactly like the two girls beside her and yet LA was on her case. And let me tell you, the first time a boss tells me to give her dog a biscuit (when she is standing right there) or orders me to wash her dog because she can't be bothered to take her to the groomers? I would walk out! What a diva.

FORT Fogey

I saw the same episode and decided to pass on it as PA is just too much a diva. I enjoyed when she and Diddy butted heads on his shows, but now she has nobody to rein her in and she is too much

As someone who watched Laurieann on Diddys shows, I was actually looking forward to this show. But now I get the feeling she is goning to be a lot like Diddy. She already had someone go to the ghetto (a la the walk to brooklyn or whatever for cheesecake). I will probably watch one more ep and see how that is. I do like the SYTYCD kids tho
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    What did you think of those very short shorts that Laurieann wears everywhere? She even went to a red carpet event with sparkly ones on, I was laughing. My husband said "Is her head shaved? Are they still doing that?" Meaning, he thought that style had gone out with the '80's.

He was cracking me up with his commentary and then he begged me to not make him watch it again.

I kept trying to figure out what exactly Kherington was doing wrong, she was dancing exactly like the two girls beside her and yet LA was on her case. And let me tell you, the first time a boss tells me to give her dog a biscuit (when she is standing right there) or orders me to wash her dog because she can't be bothered to take her to the groomers? I would walk out! What a diva.
    I thought the same thing about her hair. Definately 80's and I have seen no indication that it has been revived. The shorts are ridiculous. She is one big ball of waaaaaaaay too much attitude. She exhausts me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I thought the same thing about her hair. Definately 80's and I have seen no indication that it has been revived. The shorts are ridiculous. She is one big ball of waaaaaaaay too much attitude. She exhausts me.
    It has been revived. It was very popular 2 years ago. Rihanna had it as did Diddy's "girlfriend" Cassie. A lot of regular people wore it as well but now only "artists" still have it. As far as fashion goes, she is really on trend.
    She is behaving as I expected. It worked on Making the Band because it seemed like the girls really tried hard and wanted to make it. I don't think this show shows how much these dancers have done to get where they are. It just looks like Laurie Ann is pushing them for nothing. But honestly, Kherrington is just doing this to be on TV again. After the PCD deal fell through and the movie she was in, I can't imagine that she really wants to make a living as a dancer.

I made the mistake of watching one episode, won't be doing that again LOL.
    The episode was all about Laurieann, and not much focus on the dancers so it was quite boring.

I don't remember her from SYTYCD, what season was she a choreographer?
    I've watched Laurieann on P Diddy's Star Maker show, and that idiotic Skating with the Stars show. She is way worse on Dance Scene.

Silver lame short shorts?? Please LaurieAnn that is so over, like 30 years ago.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I don't remember her from SYTYCD, what season was she a choreographer?
    I think she's been on a couple of times? She is the one who kept screaming at them "BOOM! KACK!" or some other nonsense (by the way that is the name of her dance company) and making them cry because she was so mean.

She's definitely got issues. Anybody who behaves the way she does (constantly belittling others and forcing them to do menial and degrading things because she's in charge) has some major issues.

Maybe I'll watch just the scenes with the dancers on them and either mute LA or FF past her? Then I will only be wasting about 5 to 10 minutes of my time since the show really is all about her and her diva/nasty attitude.

I do have to say that she handled the bad press like a pro. So she gets one good point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast