+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pregnant in Heels - Bravo

FORT Fogey

Pregnant in Heels - Bravo

Is anyone watching this show? Even though the parents are over the top, I find Rosie Pope to be delightful!

Re: Pregnant in Heels - Bravo

Well, thank you tears!

We've all seen accessory dogs. With bejeweled collars and Gucci carry bags. And the world hangs on every Hollywood birth and adoption. But what the heck, accessory babies? When did this happen?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

tears.and.rain: Thank you so much for starting this thread!! I've been bursting since I saw the first episode. Love Rosie Pope. I saw her on Bethany and thought she was great. What a niche she's found. I was so frightened for the yet to be born baby of that couple with the dogs in the loft. They didn't want to mess things up with baby stuff. OMG, I wanted to slap that woman into next week. She was so self absorbed that she felt no bond or maternal instinct toward the baby she was carrying. I'm glad it turned out alright, but until I saw the result, my heart was just aching for that baby. They were poster children for birth control! Whew, I feel better now.

FORT Fogey

What I love about Rosie is that we see so many women who have these babies for no other reason than they feel like they should, and then they push their kids to be perfect and it's all about this mommy and me class and that preschool and adding another perfect part to their lives. But Rosie seems to understand that just having a baby is a wonderful experience in itself, and it should really be all about what's best for the baby, not what keeps up with Baby Jones.

I do find her accent odd though - I wonder what part of the UK she's from? It's charming, but I've never heard anything like it before.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I do find her accent odd though - I wonder what part of the UK she's from? It's charming, but I've never heard anything like it before.
    I noticed that also but just assumed it was a British accent I wasn't familiar with. I really like her. It can't be easy to deal with all these clueless prima donnas but she does it so well. And I love her wardrobe.
    I know I wouldn't have much patience with these women who are about to become mothers, probably the most important job ever.

Thanks, tears, for starting this thread. I'm enjoying the show a lot.

I find myself distracted from the show trying to figure out that accent. It's like a cross between UK and 1980's Valley Girl. I have even been wondering if she is hearing impaired. She just sounds so odd

I have never heard her accent either, but I do have a friend from the UK that moved here and she picked up the accent where she currently lives, but also never totally lose all of her British accent. The result is a sort of hybrid of the two that sounds unique. No one can ever guess it. I am wondering if maybe that sort of thing happened with Rosie. Whatever the reason, I really do like her a lot. She really has the patience of a saint to deal with all those prima donna mom to be's. I thought the woman who went through all that trouble for a baby name was most exhausting. I am glad that the woman who had no bond with her baby-to-be turned out ok. I was very worried for a while--and how odd to want to have a baby but not to share the living space with the baby or have no baby products around.

FORT Fanatic

Count me among those happy to have a forum to discuss this odd duck of a show. How on earth do they find these parents? And why do they decide to have a child? Because it's the thing to do at that stage of life? Scary, but at least the outcome looks positive, I think. I have not seen every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I find myself distracted from the show trying to figure out that accent. It's like a cross between UK and 1980's Valley Girl. I have even been wondering if she is hearing impaired. She just sounds so odd
    I watched one of the episodes and found her accent VERY distracting. In fact I thought she might have grown up deaf and then got her hearing. Some people who are deaf speak that way and that's okay. That's understandable, but she is from London.

I googled her. I see no reason she doesn't have a regular British accent based on her background. Why would she speak that way? Is she trying to hold back the British? Why? I found the accent so annpoying, that I don't think I'll watch the show. I know that sounds crazy, but it really bothers me. If she had a hearing issue, I would overlook it and understand, but as it is, I can't tolerate it.

FORT Fogey

Rosie tweeted about her accent. She said that she lived in England until she was 18, the moved to New York, and married a man from Mississippi. So her accent is the product of those three very strong regional accents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast