+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pregnant in Heels - Bravo

FORT Fogey

Re: Pregnant in Heels - Bravo

You do remember that. She did address it, in her very first blog. I think it's been explained enough. Honestly, if she has a speech impediment and she doesn't want to address it... is that so wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    You do remember that. She did address it, in her very first blog. I think it's been explained enough. Honestly, if she has a speech impediment and she doesn't want to address it... is that so wrong?
    No, I think it's her right to not reveal anything that she doesn't want to, but she is on a national tv show. When you do that you open yourself up to crictism from millions of people. She and her producers had to know that her voice would be very obvious and make people curious. I think that to avoid all that distraction, it would have been better to announce up front if it's a speech impediment. If she had done that, then I would not have said one word about it. But, by just attributing it to an accent, makes people disbelieve the story because it doesn't sound valid IMO. That's just my take on it.

FORT Fogey

Are you a speech therapy expert? I just don't like all the criticism of her speech, I find it unfair. Maybe she doesn't have a speech impediment, just an odd voice, coupled with a mix of accents. Either way, she can't control it, and I don't think she should "deal" with it in any particular way. Do you announce where your particular voice/accent/speech pattern comes from?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234