+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

CMT Next Superstar

There is a new singing competition show that starts tonight (4/8/11) on CMT (Country Music Television channel) called CMT Next Superstar. The show is produced by Nigel Lythgoe & his son Simon Lythgoe. Ten contestants compete in various challenges, one is eliminated each week.

Two of the contestants on this show made it to Hollywood Week this year on American Idol --Steven Clawson and Adrienne Beasley.
    One contestant was on Nashville Star -- Matt Mason. Steven Clawson made it to the semi-finals of NS one season, but did not make the show.

The house band for CMT Next Superstar is the group "Sixwire". They came in second on the show The Next Great American Band, and were the house band for the CMT show Can You Duet. Several members of Sixwire were also members of the Nashville Star house band.

I loved Nashville Star, so I am really looking forward to this show .

Here is the link to the website with more info about the show:
    CMT.com : CMT's Next Superstar : Shows Main

CMT Next Superstar (begins 4/8/11)

There is a new singing competition show that starts tonight (4/8/11) on CMT (Country Music Television channel) called CMT Next Superstar. The show is produced by Nigel Lythgoe & his son Simon Lythgoe. Ten contestants compete in various challenges, one is eliminated each week.

Two of the contestants on this show made it to Hollywood Week this year on American Idol --Steven Clawson and Adrienne Beasley.
    One contestant was on Nashville Star -- Matt Mason. Steven Clawson made it to the semi-finals of NS one season, but did not make the show.

The house band for CMT Next Superstar is the group "Sixwire". They came in second on the show The Next Great American Band, and were the house band for the CMT show Can You Duet. Several members of Sixwire were also members of the Nashville Star house band.

I loved Nashville Star, so I am really looking forward to this show .

Here is the link to the website with more info about the show:
    CMT.com : CMT's Next Superstar : Shows Main

FORT Fan

Re: CMT Next Superstar (begins 4/8/11)

I remember Matt Mason! I really liked him, glad to see him get another chance.

I'll watch at least the first show, but I'm a little doubtful about how good this show will be. I never really though Nashville Star was that good of a show, and it didn't really have a good record of producing stars (except for Chris Young and Miranda Lambert...and she didn't even win!)

Re: CMT Next Superstar

Thanks! I love Sixwire! They should have won that competition. I will watch this just for them. I had no idea this was coming on.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

This show isn't just about the singing. They also have to be song writers and musicians. But that's not all, they will be sent to various places to test out their abilities. Some of the possibilities are biker bars, etc, to see if they can win rowdy/country resistant crowds over. I think it sounds interesting and fun.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fan

Re: CMT Next Superstar (begins 4/8/11)

Watching this now....I'm really liking the format. I hope they keep it two hours next week because it's really fun to get to see the contestants at home (which btw, is Kenny Chesney's old house. I knew it was big, but gosh it looked even bigger as they were all walking in that massive door!) I love Wynn....he's my favorite so far!

FORT Fan

Thought it would be interesting to share a site that has pictures of the estate they're staying at-incredible!

4545 Peytonsville Road Battleground Realty

cha

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Thanks! I love Sixwire! They should have won that competition. I will watch this just for them. .
    I love Sixwire too!

Watched the show last night, some good talent. Should be a good show. I hope this one does a better job promoting the winner than Nashville Star used to.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Yes, I hope they will promote the eventual winner too. That was the bad thing about Nashville Star, once the show and the Nashville Star tour was over -- that was it. The winner and other contestants were left high and dry. Which was a real shame.

Since the record exec guy is the head judge for this Next Superstar show, there should be more follow up by the record label for the winner (hopefully).

I like Matt Mason, the other Matt from Arkansas, and Steven Clawson. I also like a few of the girls that sang near the end of the show, not sure of their names (Brie and ??). It looks like the challenges are going to be interesting. I think the correct person was sent home. Adrienne better step up her game, she sounded so much better during the American Idol auditions / Hollywood week.

CMT is really pushing this show, I just looked at the schedule, and it aired almost every day this coming week.
    I hope the show goes over well, so there will be another season .

Thanks for the link to the mansion --- WOW! What a neat house. I wonder why Kenny C. put it on the market, does anyone know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast