+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: CMT Next Superstar

Matt for the win! I feel so cheesy typing that, but he looked and sounded like he belonged on that stage. I also loved his dark video and I love the timbre of his voice.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think that the judges want Matt to win. First we have the look they gave each other when he sang his first song, then we have the song they wrote for him where it took a jab at "country pop" which is what Stephen sings, finally we have the songs chosen for them (Stephen gets one that is completely out of his comfort zone and managed to highlight everything weak about his voice while Matt gets one that is perfect for him). Now whether the voters agree with them or not, who knows, but they made it pretty dang clear who they want to win.

For the record, I find Stephen boring and he sounds just like every other male singer out there (regardless of genre) and I can't stand nasally singing. Matt has a country voice, a country vibe, and now has the 3 songs from this season that I would buy.

I think if Stephen wins it will be like all those AI wins where the winner is shoved to the side and instead they grab the one they really wanted to win and start marketing that one.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I also hope Matt wins. I'd buy his records, but I wouldn't buy anything of Stephen's I don't think.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

LOVE Matt Mason's "After Midnight". It is on iTunes along with "Good Year for the Outlaw". I sure wish they would let us buy his version of "Unwell"!!
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fan

THRILLED to see Matt win. Easily the best from the start. I could have done without a lot of the filler though...especially that woman from Glee singing

Very happy Matt won. I'm definitely looking forward to his first CD.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I loved the finale - especially the opening duel of Johnny Cash (Matt) and Elvis Presley (Steven) that was so much fun! Wynn's song about the season was also a lot of fun.

I'm glad Matt won and I hope this does turn his life around for the better. "After Midnight" is terrific.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

I think he'll make the most of this opportunity. It's probably a good thing he didn't win Nashville Star years ago-from what I gather of how long he says he's been sober, it sounds like that came while he was still using, and I imagine that being a singer out on the road would have made his addiction worse. He seems a lot more focused now and has grown up quite a bit. And getting to go out with Luke Bryan-that'll be awesome, they'll both appeal to the same types of people and Luke is a family man too, so Matt will have someone to lean on. Can't wait for his cd to come out. I really hope Chasin' Stardust is on it.

I liked both Matt and Steven but Matt has a more unique voice. I think they both will have contracts and go far.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Forgot to mention...I didn't know Thea was pregnant..
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread