+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

The have said it up to America. So I assume online voting and phone voting after the concert next week.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

Re: CMT Next Superstar

I like Matt for the win too although Steve would be okay too.

The thing that hurt Danielle is that I think she was too focused on being cute .

I just think they wanted two males fighting it out in the finale...more level playing field and makes for good tv.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan

I think that there was a huge difference in the professional look of Matt and Steven's videos and the amateur look of Danielle's. Seriously, did they give her a student filmmaker or something? I mean, I was hoping she'd be eliminated, but her video looked terrible next to the boys'.

I'll be upset if Matt doesn't win. I've grown to like Steven, but I think Matt is more ready to step into the country scene right now and be a great artist.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I just think they wanted two males fighting it out in the finale...more level playing field and makes for good tv.
    I think Danielle's video was very amateurish compared to the other two, not that they wanted two guys.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I think it came down to the videos and Danielle's video wasn't up to par. In a way I thought they would get rid of Matt to have an opposite sex finale. Glad I was wrong.

Matt for the win!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Matt has managed to put out the only two songs in this entire season that I would buy. This last one? Is so catchy that I can't get it out of my head! Besides, I love his voice. I could listen to that lived-in and experienced life voice all day long. I hope he wins, even if he doesn't I will be watching him to grab his CD when it comes out.

Danielle was hosed. Plain and simple. Explain to me why hers was so bad compared to the other two, why her director (or whatever he was) didn't take a more active role? We saw the other two putting heavy hands into the production of the videos, Danielles...not so much. They made it very obvious that they wanted her to fail and be sent home so they could have the "dramatic" finale of the two dueling guitar male players staring each other down *sighs*.

Danielle was not my favorite but neither is Stephen. There were others I would have liked to see standing up there beside Matt.

Oh and that woman? The music/video person? Did she actually have anything constructive to add other than "that was amazing! The best ever!!" She was annoying me.

Editing to add: If you guys do a search for Matt Mason CMT on a certain social site, you will find his page. They are having a viewing party of the last show and they have his videos up and some music from before this show.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-31-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I actually preferred Danielle's video...maybe as I am not into the moody music and the boys had that covered.
    -Bono

Well I have voted for Matt, but I wouldn't be surprised if Steven wins.
    -Bono

FORT Fan

I voted for Matt too...and obviously I've been really high on Matt this whole time, but Steven has been growing on me the past few weeks. That being said....I think Matt blew him out of the water on the finale. Steven's voice just sounded...kinda weak and unsupported. Not sure if it was the pressure or the venue, but he didn't sound as good as he did in some previous weeks. However, I think he made a really good choice to sing one of his own songs-I think that was the weak point in Matt's night, that he didn't sing an original when his opponent did. I wish they had made that a requirement, because they can obviously both write really well.

I absolutely loved the grin on Matt's face the whole night though. He's clearly a guy that isn't very given to expressing his emotions, so you could tell that performing at the Ryman was a huge career milestone for him to be smiling that much. Obviously it is for any aspiring country singer, but it was just so endearing to see his exuberance coming out like that. I really, really hope he wins. I think he has the better chance to make an immediate impact on country music.

+ Reply to Thread