+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

FORT Fan

Re: CMT Next Superstar

Anyone watch this week? I was laughing at all the bus scenes-I've got a friend who's a musician and before he could afford to pay a merch guy, I used to go out with him and his band on short runs. Been on nice busses, been on terrible ones, and let me tell you, after a few hours on one even the nicest bus gets way too cramped! I don't even want to tell y'all how hard it is to sleep in one of those tiny bunks, ha. Can't imagine trying to rehearse and sign pictures while someone is grinding the gears up front.

One thing that I really laughed about-they went to Clarksville for that Second Harvest show. For those who aren't familiar with Tennessee geography, it's not that far from Nashville. Even in a bus (which would be slower than a car) and coming from Franklin (which is a little ways outside of Nashville) it shouldn't have taken more than three hours, tops, for them to get there. They must have decided to just drive the contestants around in circles for awhile to really give them the experience of riding on a bus, lol

I was sad to see Wynn go...but I guess it was about time. He's clearly been surprised to be there so long, but I'm gonna miss his funny songs. I'd love to buy a cd of his.

FORT Newbie

I liked Wynn a lot too, but it was his time to go. I like the final 3 very much and could see any one of them taking it all.

I've also really enjoyed Wynn. His original songs held truth and a lot of humor. I'm glad he had a big stage to show them off for so long.

The guys seem weaker than the girl as of last night, I think she is in it to win it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Oh and I liked the "hump you and the camel you rode in on."
    I still have that song in my head

I'm going to miss Wynn. I've had a real hard time connecting with any of them, to the point where I don't even remember names of most of them. Of the three left, I like Matt. He reminds me of Merle Haggard for some reason. The girl is very good also, but I have a feeling they're angling for the other guy to win it. Not all that crazy about his singing, its very generic.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

FORT Fan

Matt's my pick to win and has been since the beginning. I loved him on Nashville Star, and I think he's been far and away the best the whole competition. I was shocked that he was in the bottom two last night. Steven's been growing on me....but I would still rather see a show of Matt's.

The girl is blah for me. I'm generally not too impressed with female singers, and she's no exception. I think she'd fade into the pack way waaayy behind artists like Miranda Lambert (who I love) and Taylor Swift (who I hate, but I have to admit, young girls love her) and her winning would be a wash.

I really think Wynn was there to promote his songwriting. He's had some success recently with the song Easton Corbin cut, but I'm sure he's always looking for new ways to get his stuff into artists' hands. I hope his phone is lighting up after this show!

I would have stopped watching if Matt had gone home and Wynn stayed. Matt is my favorite with the female (whose name has just this moment escaped me bah!) being second. The other guy does not sound very country to me. The only reason Matt is my favorite is because he sang one song that I want. One song. Out of how many that he and the others have sang? Not good odds but he's my favorite for that reason alone lol.

I think they are all completely forgettable. I like this show a lot and I'm enjoying watching it but I don't think any of them have "it" that will keep the consumers and fans interested enough beyond this show to keep them going.

Misty, by angling for the guy to win do you mean the boring guy with that triangle sticking up in the middle of his head? The one who is the cure for insomnia? I think they are also trying to position him for the win. He's the worst choice, in my opinion.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Misty, by angling for the guy to win do you mean the boring guy with that triangle sticking up in the middle of his head? The one who is the cure for insomnia? I think they are also trying to position him for the win. He's the worst choice, in my opinion.
    Yeah, the boring guy. It seems as though they're always praising him and saying what a fantastic voice he has.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I prefer Matt for the win. But not so sure he'll win. I hope so though.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I hope Matt wins. He is fantastic singer and was so charming when I met him at the Nashville Star concert.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I hope Matt wins also.

How is the winner chosen? Have they ever said?

+ Reply to Thread