+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

Re: CMT Next Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Wynn's song wasn't about biker women, it was about a woman's "cycle." Wasn't sorry to see Bri go based on her preformance, but I honestly don't feel connected to any of these people. They're all good; however, I can't remember any of their names once the show is over.
    Really? I guess I should have paid closer attention to what Wynn was singing about .

I still find it odd that he was the only one who did an original song.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Really? I guess I should have paid closer attention to what Wynn was singing about .

I still find it odd that he was the only one who did an original song.
    I don't. I don't think he is there to win a singing competition. He is a song writer. He is there to promote his career as a song writer and nothing else. He probably wrote it up while waiting his turn to go on stage.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fan

Oh man...don't know if anyone here caught tonight's episode. I actually missed it because I thought they'd be reairing it tonight and I ended up watching it online. Have a box of tissues ready! They went to Fort Campbell to meet the families of soldiers returning from war and then wrote original songs about what they saw. Amazing, amazing songs....and what incredible timing after the events of the week! I bawled through most of the episide...wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Oh man...don't know if anyone here caught tonight's episode. I actually missed it because I thought they'd be reairing it tonight and I ended up watching it online. Have a box of tissues ready! They went to Fort Campbell to meet the families of soldiers returning from war and then wrote original songs about what they saw. Amazing, amazing songs....and what incredible timing after the events of the week! I bawled through most of the episide...wonderful!
    I watched it online yesterday as well, and I second the thought that you better have at least a good handful of tissues ready. Thought most of the original songs were awesome, especially if they only gave them one day to write them.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I watched it Friday night...I TiVo'd it. It was very moving. I have to say I'm shocked the chick from Canada is out and the dude that was in the bottom with her....I was floored! He has the best voice there! I think they both were in the bottom based off their song. The others songs "stuck".
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I finally watched it. I'm a Navy vet married to a Navy Chief and we've done more than our fair share of deployments (4 in the last 10 years). So I can empathize with the families there having been on both sides of it.

I have to say that the ones that were rowdier? I really liked them. Loved....loved....loved the first one. That was awesome and exactly the sort of kick "butt" song the guys on the ground would love! The others were good in varying degrees. I thought the two in the bottom were the right ones. Yes, their voices were good and all but remember these guys just got home and others were pulling on the heart strings like nobody's business.

By the way a minor little quibble here.....what about the girls on the ground? I would have loved to seen one of them singing a song about my momma wearing combat boots while daddy's at home holding down the fort and trying to be Mr. Mom. That would have really touched a bunch of them.

Anyways, 2 hours later and I still want to get my hands on that first song. The others? Can't really remember them that much because they all sort of blended together and sounded like every other boohoooing patriotic song ever written. Oh and I liked the "hump you and the camel you rode in on."

Sad but true story, one of the deployments our son was about 3 when dad came back and he didn't recognize him! Kept staring at that weird man in the uniform and trying to hide from him. Still breaks my heart remembering the look on dad's face when he realized that his little man had no idea who he was. Now that he's 8, of course it's much easier but it's really hard when they are that young and they don't remember and can't be reminded because they are so young. Tough life but dad loves it and loves what he does and we love him so we support his choices.

I wanted to like the heaven song and the one about the flag because of the child aspect but.....I didn't as much as the other two rowdier ones.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-09-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Did anyone watch this past Friday?
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fan

Yes! I keep forgetting to comment on it. I was surprised...thought for sure that they'd send Wynn home the first chance they got, but I was really happy with the choice they made. I disliked Courtney (right? I think that's her name) from the start-I think she tries to have that power voice like Carrie Underwood or Martina McBride, but she has an awful tendency to go really flat when trying to hit those high notes.

Loved seeing the contestants in Graceland though. I thought the boys all made great choices about where to do their photo shoots, it definitely matched their personalities so much better than the girls.

FORT Newbie

I had Courtney pegged for the top 2 so I was very surprised when they eliminated her. FTR, I think Matt was the one who wanted her to stay.

I liked Courtney's voice. I was shocked again with whom they chose to send home. I think there is a reason Wynn is there. Not sure what yet though. My DH was even upset he is beating out better singers and performers. The only thing he has going for him is his humor. I wouldn't buy a CD of his at all.

+ Reply to Thread