+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

Re: CMT Next Superstar

Hooray! Adrienne finally got sent home!

This was a much better episode than last week, the challenge actually had a lot to do with what it would be like to be a country star .
    Good experience to see how they would handle radio spots and interviews, plus performing a song right there at the radio station.

I was going to stop watching if Adrienne survived yet another B2. There is a reason she keeps landing there, she has no stage presence and is one of the weakest voices in the competition. This was glaringly obvious when they all sang on the radio. Wynn needs to go next and then we will have a real competition on our hands because the remaining ones have the goods.

I was really impressed with all the remaining girls and guys (except for Wynn and Adrienne). They all sounded so good and radio ready.

I wonder what Bri did wrong? I thought for sure that Wynn would be in the bottom with Adrienne. His interview and singing were dreadful.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Bri probably turned off some of the "listener" judges with the phone call with Ben.

I just watched online and realized that Adrienne was the only one to not sing an original song...maybe that played into her votes.

My feed went out for good just before the final judging - which didn't matter since I know who went home - but I did miss the previews. I noticed on their schedule that they are re-playing episodes on Tues. at 11 PM. Next time I have to miss one, I'll have to remember that as my old computer (even with player updates) really doesn't like to run shows.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

From the CMT Next Superstar website:

It's outlaw country week, and the remaining seven contestants meet with famous choreographer Robert Royston to work on their performances. The contestants are uneasy when they realize they will be performing at a rough-and-tough biker bar. Bar patrons will decide the fate of our contestants and another one is sent home.
    CMT.com : CMT's Next Superstar : Episode Summaries

I'm looking forward to this episode !

I wonder what the preview with them gasping and crying means? And what does one of them do so wrong that they decide to go against form and send one home right after the challenge instead of waiting to the judging panel/sing off?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I was shocked Bri was in the B2. Glad she is saved though. I agree with everyone else....it will be a real competition once Wynn is out. BUT I think that may be a while as he is there only for ratings.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fan

I love Wynn, I think he's hilarious....but I also think he's totally a plant. I think the producers probably brought him in so they could go "See? We're not REALLY just looking for a young, good looking thing. We're about the best artist." And I think Wynn is completely on board with playing that role to get more exposure for his songwriting career. Which is great, he's a brilliant songwriter and I think more artists should be cutting his music. I'd like to see him stay over a couple of the girls.

Glad Bri stayed, she probably did turn off a few of the listeners with the Ben thing. She let that interview get away from her and forgot to steer it back to the music. But she's great, I hope she stays around a long time.

Loved to hear the original songs on the radio show. It really shows the difference between country music and pop, where a lot of artists never try their hand at writing and don't seem as connected to their songs.

Did anyone watch Friday's show? I really liked it. I think the bottom two should have been Bri and Wynn with Wynn going home...solely based on voice. But Bri did. Which was fine b/c I thought the others one really brought it. Wynn has to be a plant for the entertainment factor. If he beats out anyone else....well, that just isn't right....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

That first girl who sang (don't know her name), she is lucky that the owner of the bike didn't punch her teeth out when she started touching his bike !

I think what saved Wynn was his original song, the crowd at the bar loved it! How convenient that he had an original song ready to go that was about biker women . How come the other contestants didn't get to sing an original song?

Wynn is not the world's best singer, so I don't even understand why he is on this show. Obviously his strength is songwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    That first girl who sang (don't know her name), she is lucky that the owner of the bike didn't punch her teeth out when she started touching his bike !

I think what saved Wynn was his original song, the crowd at the bar loved it! How convenient that he had an original song ready to go that was about biker women . How come the other contestants didn't get to sing an original song?

Wynn is not the world's best singer, so I don't even understand why he is on this show. Obviously his strength is songwriting.
    Wynn's song wasn't about biker women, it was about a woman's "cycle." Wasn't sorry to see Bri go based on her preformance, but I honestly don't feel connected to any of these people. They're all good; however, I can't remember any of their names once the show is over.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread