+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

Re: CMT Next Superstar

Not caring for the format of this show. I want singing, not these all dumb challenges. I was hoping for better when I heard about this show. I'm very disappointed.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fan

I'm enjoying the format....I think the challenge was very relevant. But I'm very, very disappointed with who they sent home. The absolute wrong choice!

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    I'm enjoying the format....I think the challenge was very relevant. But I'm very, very disappointed with who they sent home. The absolute wrong choice!
    I agree they absolutely made the wrong choice, but I wasn't surprised. The challenge may be relevant, but I want to hear more singing. The challenge should be more down behind the scenes in my opinion, not the entire show. I don't even have a favorite because I haven't heard enough of them actually singing, couldn't even tell who is who for the most part and they're already down to 8?. I would have preferred they allowed them to choose their own trios, or pick them randomly from a hat - at least give the appearance that it wasn't stacking the deck in favorite of certain people. Oh well, I'm sure I'll keep watching, hopefully we'll get to hear more actual singing eventually.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I loved Trace Adkins (guest judge) advice - Don't Suck. That pretty much sums it up. Yeah, the challenge was dumb because they did end up begging for charity and not singing. Lady Antebellum's "American Honey" has gotten covered on two competition shows this week - American Idol with the Scotty/Lauren duet and Andrienne's sing for her life.

I joined in this episode, missed the first because I didn't know if my cable allowed CMT...turns out it is in the HD section - which works for me. Anyway, did Lythgoe come up with this show after last summer/fall auditions for Idol when there were so many country kids auditioning? That would be interesting to know. Perhaps he sees more of a future for country than for pop. Now, I want to hear some singing.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wished they had shown more of them actually singing on the streets of Nashville vs. them begging for charity donations. From the few snippets we heard, their take on the songs sounded pretty good.

I was sorry that Matt D. got sent home although I agree with the judges that he made a bad song choice. Adrienne should have been the one hitting the road instead. The decision of who stays and who goes should take into account their overall performance throughout the competition, not just based upon that particular challenge.

I feel that Adrienne is going to overstay her welcome week after week while others get sent home instead of her. I notice she is crying about "wanting to be here" in the preview for next week.

I missed the show Friday...totally forgot!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I missed the show Friday...totally forgot!
    CMT has the full episode videos up on their website .
    Here is the link to the Next Superstar video page:
    CMT.com : CMT's Next Superstar : Videos

Enjoy the show!

Thanks! I'll have to watch it tonight or tomorrow!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

So I had this thought last night while FINALLY watching the last episode and funny how it took me this long to connect the dots.

Nigel is the producer of American Idol....Adrienne was on it and didn't make the show.....out comes this show that Nigel is the producer on and Adrienne seems to be made of Teflon.

Coincidence? I think not!

I found it sort of fishy that she has landed in the bottom twice and twice has survived when we all think that Matt D did a much better job AND he hadn't been in the bottom before. Adrienne seems like a nice enough girl but she is NOT country. She doesn't sound it, she doesn't act it, she just isn't. She's got R&B in her and it comes out in her phrasing of the words. It just feels unnatural especially when compared to a couple of the other girls who are country down to their little toes (Bri for one).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

As soon as I heard that this show was produced by Nigel Lythgo, I realized why Adrienne was cut during Hollywood week on AI. He wanted her on this show.

I fear she is going to stick around week after week, while better singers keep getting eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread