+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CMT Next Superstar

FORT Fan

Re: CMT Next Superstar

He bought a bigger house! Isn't that crazy? I mean, how much room can a bachelor need?

I think one reason why the winners of Nashville Star had problems was because the record labels were a little more realistic than the voters about who could actually make it in the business. For example, Chris Young. He's a young, good looking guy. His album didn't come out till something like 6 months after he won his season. Angela Hacker, on the other hand, had an abbreviated album come out around 2 WEEKS after she won and it was mostly cover tunes. She was a middle aged woman who wouldn't appeal to the younger audience that labels were trying to reach, especially fans who were new to the genre thanks to Taylor Swift. Musicians need time to make a good album-I have a bunch of musician friends and I think they'd all have heart attacks if they had to make a full album in two weeks and have it be a good one.

I think they really stacked the deck on this show. With the exception of Wynn (who I think is talented and hilarious and a plant and I never want him to leave my tv) and Matt D, everyone is under 30 and very good looking. And Matt D is very good looking himself, as well as being one of the most country voices of all of them.

I think this'll be good...I like that they're going to have challenges related to other parts of the music business because it'll really seperate the ones who think that all they have to do is sing from those who really want it and will work for it. I'll be cheering for both Matts!

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    ... Adrienne better step up her game, she sounded so much better during the American Idol auditions / Hollywood week....
    Thanks! I kept thinking "is this the girl from AI?" So, where did that "Golly gee, I'm so young and sweet and just want to give my adopted parents everything" with a heavy accent thing she did during the auditions go? Hmmmm....this Adrienne is NOTHING like that Adrienne. And the AI Adrienne was more country than the Adrienne on a country show!

I was bored out of my mind during the first hour, I was just about ready to give up on the whole thing and then the singing started and I was enthralled! I like most of these contestants (except the old guy who sang "I kissed a girl", he is easily the least talent singing wise in the bunch).

But to be honest my focus was on Sixwire pretty much the whole time. More of them! Less of the contestants lol, oh and next week how about we show more of the awesome girl with the fiddle and the guy with the longish blond hair that reminds me of the guy on Lost?

Anyways I like this show and the format. I was surprised that nobody on here was geeking out over Kristin Chenoweth being a judge. I don't have a favorite yet because there are too many of them.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

The fiddle player is Megan Mullins, she was a member of the Nashville Star house band (which included 3 members of Sixwire) along with John Bollinger. Megan was singing back up and playing fiddle for Shakira, and went out on tour with her last year.

I remember that blond guy in Sixwire from the Next Great American Band show -- he is a real cutie!

FORT Fan

Did Megan Mullins actually compete on Nashville Star one season? I forgot about her....she came through Knoxville about the time her first single came out for a street festival she had and I watched her play right before Jake Owen went on (and it was right when HIS first single came out too) Her brother was playing with her and I remember him being absolutely yummy looking....

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Did Megan Mullins actually compete on Nashville Star one season? I forgot about her....she came through Knoxville about the time her first single came out for a street festival she had and I watched her play right before Jake Owen went on (and it was right when HIS first single came out too) Her brother was playing with her and I remember him being absolutely yummy looking....
    I think Xmaslat might be our resident expert on this but I think I remember seeing her as part of Sixwire when they competed on Next Great American Band. That or she showed up as part of them when they were the houseband for one of the country competition shows. Either way, she seems to be attached to them in some fashion.

I think she is fabulous! As is Josh Holloway's clone, really cute guy with the same haircut/color.

I just looked him up on their official website, his name is Andy Childs (lead vocalist, odd we didn't see more of him) and on that site he cut all his hair off and now has some 80's Richard Marx's cut! Boo...he looks much better with the longer hair. Megan is not officially part of their band but she seems to work with them often.

Another Sixwire member I like (and think is cute) is one of the backup vocalist, Steve Mandile. He was the one doing all the talking when the singers were in the studio with the band.

Megan never was a contestant on Nashville Star, she was a member of the NS house band.

She was also part of the house band for Can You Duet on CMT, along with Sixwire. Can You Duet was produced by the same people as Nashville Star.

Her brother is Marcus Mullins. He is also a fiddle player & performs with Megan & her husband John Bohlinger.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Megan never was a contestant on Nashville Star, she was a member of the NS house band.

She was also part of the house band for Can You Duet on CMT, along with Sixwire. Can You Duet was produced by the same people as Nashville Star.

Her brother is Marcus Mullins. He is also a fiddle player & performs with Megan & her husband John Bohlinger.
    I don't think I said she was a contestant of NS? I said she seemed to be with the houseband (Sixwire) and that she seemed to be a contest of the band contest but I couldn't remember at what point she started showing up with Sixwire.

I went to their official site and they don't show her so she must be added by the producers of these shows as part of the houseband.

Either way, I like her and would like to see more of her.

I've yet to start liking any of these contestants and at this point I'm just watching to get more glimpses of Sixwire.

FORT Fan

I actually asked if she had competed on Nashville Star as well as being in the house band. I just remembered her so clearly compared to the other members of the nashville Star band....guess it might be because I did see her that one time in Knoxville all those years ago.

Like I said, my favorites are the two Matts. I loved Matt Mason on Nashville Star-he just had the bad luck to be on the same season as Chris Young! Although it might be a good thing that he didn't win back then, if he's only bee clean about 4 years, he was probably going through his addictions at the time he was on the show. he probably WOULD have self destructed if he had won and was going through the pressures of making an album and hitting the road. As for the other Matt, I'm just in love with his voice!

I liked the show...slow at first to show everyone's back story and such but there are some really great voices!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I KNEW I recognized Matt Mason from somewhere! I am hooked on this show already. The voices, for the most part, seem really good with a few amazing thrown in there.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread