+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: WWE Tough Enough

FORT Fan

Re: WWE Tough Enough

Oh yeah, they could easily have cast someone with no wrestling experience and found someone with hidden potential-in fact that did, with Jeremiah. But the difference between him and Eric is that Jeremiah is in great shape and has a ton of natural athletic ability. He at least had the physical capabilities to pick up on the wrestling moves. Maybe in six months, if Eric works out regularly, he could pick them up too. But to expect him to not only pick up the moves but to also build up his muscles, stamina and agility to match guys like Luke and Martin in such a short period of time? That would never happen.

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed this show. I just think maybe they should have cast people who were at least equal in physical abilities if not wrestling experience.

Plus, if they were hoping that by casting Eric for his personality...well either the casting director is crazy or Eric showed something in his audition that never came up on the show because he was incredibly boring. That's okay though, Steve Austin is really all the personality I needed!

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Oh yeah, they could easily have cast someone with no wrestling experience and found someone with hidden potential-in fact that did, with Jeremiah. But the difference between him and Eric is that Jeremiah is in great shape and has a ton of natural athletic ability. He at least had the physical capabilities to pick up on the wrestling moves. Maybe in six months, if Eric works out regularly, he could pick them up too. But to expect him to not only pick up the moves but to also build up his muscles, stamina and agility to match guys like Luke and Martin in such a short period of time? That would never happen.

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed this show. I just think maybe they should have cast people who were at least equal in physical abilities if not wrestling experience.

Plus, if they were hoping that by casting Eric for his personality...well either the casting director is crazy or Eric showed something in his audition that never came up on the show because he was incredibly boring. That's okay though, Steve Austin is really all the personality I needed!
    I think with some training and a coach Jeremaih could make it in the wrestling world...for being as green as he was I think he really did a good job
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I think they were down on Jeremiah because of his MMA background, where everything is quick and sharp, so they feel like he's rushing, and I think that's a stigma he'll carry with him for a long time to come.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fan

Maybe it'll be a stigma, maybe not. I think his biggest difficulty in making the move from MMA to pro wrestling is that he'll have to forget the instinct to hurt someone, which is what the trainers were worried about with him. He's certainly got the agility and athleticism to be in pro wrestling and he's definitely got the personality. I could definitely see him on tv in a year or two if he really wants it and works with a good trainer to learn how to perform the moves safely.

I didn't know this show was still around but I caught it on USA last night. I don't follow actual wrestling but I love the Total Divas show on E.
    Did anyone else watch?
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

This thread caught my attention. My cousin, who is now in Memory Care, was a huge fan. She lived for wrestling. I take her photos of her favorites, but now she can't remember much about it. She still gets excited with some things though.

Chris Jericho and some lady I don't know is hosting. Daniel Bryan, Hulk Hogan, and Paige are the judges. The judges pick three to be in the "bottom" then the public votes (by an app, facebook, twitter, text) to save, the one with the least votes goes. The judges are allowed one save per season. The other WWE people I recognized was Booker T and Lita as trainers. It looks like a pretty good group this year!
    biggbaddgirl likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    Thanks pikachu for the avatar!

I was ready to see ZZ or Gator go home but he has charm and personality and even looks like a wrestler.

Tanner, I am surprised folks can even be in the same room as him considering how big his ego is, but he won 2 challenges in a row, he has both stamina and strength.

Diana, really, is anyone surprised that she didn't get called out on her behavior?
    AmyKay likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

This is season 6.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Tough_Enough

On January 15, 2015, it was announced at the Critics Association Winter Press Tour event in Los Angeles that WWE and the USA Network will be producing a new season of Tough Enough. The show will feature a completely new format as well as elements that will make it live and interactive.[16] On April 7, it was announced that Tough Enough will premiere on June 23.[17] Chris Jericho will be the host, with Hulk Hogan, Daniel Bryan, Paige & JDR serving as judges, while AJ Styles, Booker T, and Lita will serve as trainers/coaches. The show will air live from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida - home base of WWE's NXT developmental territory.[18] The winners, which will include one male and one female will receive a $250,000 contract with WWE.[19]

Contestants

Alexander Frekey
    Amanda Saccomanno
    Daria Berenato
    Dianna Dahlgren
    Gabi Castrovinci
    Giorgia Piscina
    Joshua Bredl
    Mada Abdelhamid
    Patrick Clark Jr.
    Sara Lee
    Tanner Saraceno
    Zamariah "ZZ" Loupe
    Hank Avery Jr. OUT
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The show's a mess. It could have been so good, but the WWE just has no idea how to run a reality competition show. While I want Sara to win amongst the women, and I don't care for any of the men, because they're more generic than Helvetica, I get a feeling it's going to come down to Gabi and Giorgia for the women, and ZZ and Patrick for the men.

It's going to be a trainwreck.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread