+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: WWE Tough Enough

FORT Fan

Re: WWE Tough Enough

Oh yeah, they could easily have cast someone with no wrestling experience and found someone with hidden potential-in fact that did, with Jeremiah. But the difference between him and Eric is that Jeremiah is in great shape and has a ton of natural athletic ability. He at least had the physical capabilities to pick up on the wrestling moves. Maybe in six months, if Eric works out regularly, he could pick them up too. But to expect him to not only pick up the moves but to also build up his muscles, stamina and agility to match guys like Luke and Martin in such a short period of time? That would never happen.

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed this show. I just think maybe they should have cast people who were at least equal in physical abilities if not wrestling experience.

Plus, if they were hoping that by casting Eric for his personality...well either the casting director is crazy or Eric showed something in his audition that never came up on the show because he was incredibly boring. That's okay though, Steve Austin is really all the personality I needed!

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Oh yeah, they could easily have cast someone with no wrestling experience and found someone with hidden potential-in fact that did, with Jeremiah. But the difference between him and Eric is that Jeremiah is in great shape and has a ton of natural athletic ability. He at least had the physical capabilities to pick up on the wrestling moves. Maybe in six months, if Eric works out regularly, he could pick them up too. But to expect him to not only pick up the moves but to also build up his muscles, stamina and agility to match guys like Luke and Martin in such a short period of time? That would never happen.

Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed this show. I just think maybe they should have cast people who were at least equal in physical abilities if not wrestling experience.

Plus, if they were hoping that by casting Eric for his personality...well either the casting director is crazy or Eric showed something in his audition that never came up on the show because he was incredibly boring. That's okay though, Steve Austin is really all the personality I needed!
    I think with some training and a coach Jeremaih could make it in the wrestling world...for being as green as he was I think he really did a good job
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I think they were down on Jeremiah because of his MMA background, where everything is quick and sharp, so they feel like he's rushing, and I think that's a stigma he'll carry with him for a long time to come.
    Revenge is ice cream.

FORT Fan

Maybe it'll be a stigma, maybe not. I think his biggest difficulty in making the move from MMA to pro wrestling is that he'll have to forget the instinct to hurt someone, which is what the trainers were worried about with him. He's certainly got the agility and athleticism to be in pro wrestling and he's definitely got the personality. I could definitely see him on tv in a year or two if he really wants it and works with a good trainer to learn how to perform the moves safely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567