+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Top Chef Canada

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Top Chef Canada

I'm not watching currently, but I might check it out sometime. I've seen a few seasons of the US version and like the show.

Give it a try, JohnnyK. The chefs have, for the most part, been really likeable AND we've had some good guest judges: Dan Ackroyd, Susar Lee, Marcus Sammualson, even Richard Blais has made an appearance. It's a good version of the show, IMO.
    Hyper and JohnnyK like this.

I'm really sorry to see David go tonight, but honestly when they think your chive whatever is disgusting, I guess your time is up. Sadly, he focused more on the haute couture rather than haute cuisine. Did he even taste his food? Did his sous chef?

I have to admit, Carl's plate looked delish. I would have loved to try that fish/bread combo, and the rest of it looked really fresh and pretty. He's not my favourite but he did a great job this episode.

It was fun seeing last year's chefs come back to help out. I was really worried that Jonathan would focus more on having fun with Dustin than cooking his butt off, and that almost happened. Glad to see him pull through.

I was surprised the morel foam didn't wilt completely under that sunshine.

I'm satisfied with the final 3, but I'm rooting for Jonathan!

Tasting, tasting, tasting! So important. Haven't watched yet, but based on your description it sounds like a decent final three. Any combination of those four would have satisfied me.

So sad to see David go -- he was the one I was rooting for. But I'm glad Jonathan made it at least.

J or Carl would be a worthy Top Chef, but for some reason I would have a little problem with Trevor winning -- he's never even run his own kitchen. He's talented and very nice, but to me he'd be more The Guy Who Won The Final Challenge than Canada's Top Chef.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I had to look up Chef de Partie last night to see what exactly Trevor's role is in the kitchen he works at. Line cook is basically what it means.

CCL

We should all have our job titles in French basically. Makes it more fancy.

I'd like to try the bread/fish dish...one I've never seen before and it looked both interesting and tasty.
    sweetpea likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post

I'd like to try the bread/fish dish...one I've never seen before and it looked both interesting and tasty.
    It really did, didn't it? I looked the recipe up on the show's website and it's got a lot of ingredients and a lot of steps for such a simple looking dish.
    I'd love to eat it but I don't think I'm up for the time/energy to make it!

I find this season was more about the cooking and less about the drama. David while likable and obviously talented just seemed to have something "off" about him. I am glad Johnny survived to cook another day.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

David seems like a mad scientist to me; his creativity is the driving force behind his cooking, which is why he can't seem to get any consistency.

I like Jonathan to win, and I hope Carl doesn't, simply because the latter seems like a cooking robot, and it feels like there's no soul in his food. Trevor, I can't take or leave.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread