+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Top Chef Canada

Re: Top Chef Canada

I am so glad Jamie went home. He really didn't showcase the skills that I imagine got him on the show.

Season 2 premiered this week. New host is Bollywood/Hollywood star Lisa Ray. She has that subdued nature of Padma, but doesn't seem to lighten up like Padma can.

The chefs all seem really talented, and I really like how this version of Top Chef doesn't stray from the basic formula. The credits, music, and editing all closely resemble the original which is comforting, and one thing Canada has over the US version is that none of the chefs are stereotypical reality TV "villains". There are aggressive chefs, but no screaming matches yet. The first episode introduced everyone well and gave a lot of background on them, and found interesting moments during the challenges to showcase without making fake drama.

The quickfire was a play on the US Miami premiere -- the chefs were welcomed with a reception of hors d'oeuvres, and once the hosts showed up, they had 15 minutes to fashion new hors d'oeuvres from the leftover ingredients. The elimination challenge had the chefs making high-end interpretations of a childhood favorite.

I think this will be a good season, because even the first eliminated chef had a lot of talent. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season while waiting for the next US season (TC Masters and Just Desserts don't thrill me as much these days).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I enjoyed the episode this week. I don't care for Trista very much but I think it is her personality more than her cooking style. I hate that finger snap thing she does.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Where is is show being aired? I can't find it.

Let me clarify.... Is it being shown on a US station??

No, in the U.S. one has to find unorthodox ways of finding the show online.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Jimmy Stewart was funny during the Quickfire, I was happy they threw a win his way. And Garbriell cracked me up as he had to stumble over himself to convince us that he only hated baby showers and not babies.

Interesting challenge -- I'm surprised they didn't provide a more strict list of foods that the chefs shouldn't use when cooking for pregnant women (tuna, soft cheeses, etc.). I guess Mark McEwan is different from Tom Colicchio in that he won't automatically send someone home when their food is declared 'inedible', like they said to Xavier. But Sarah went home instead, although hers sounded really bad. I'm wondering if Mark rallied to send Sarah home because she cried in front of them. He seems like the kind of horse's behind who would do that.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Doesn't anyone else watch this and feel like commenting? I am happy that 2 Ottawa guys are still in it. I haven't tried either of their restaurants before, though.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I'm still watching, it just takes me a couple of days to see each episode since I'm not in Canada.

I can't argue with any of the eliminations so far. I'm so ready for Elizabeth to get the boot, she's like Sarah or Heather from this year's US Top Chef only ten times as rude.

Alan Thicke didn't seem to have much to say about the food as he was eating it...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

he's pretty funny. As a woman I feel bad that I usually don't like the female chefs as much as I like the male ones. I prefer pretty well anyone to Elizabeth and I don't really care for Trish.

+ Reply to Thread