+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Top Chef Canada

Re: Top Chef Canada

The Canadian cooking channel re-aired seasons 3 and 4 of this show and are showing season 3 again now. I wouldn't mind rewatching season 1 or 2.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

The All Stars season premiered tonight.

I'm happy to see Jonathan back, as I really thought he was robbed in season 2 and deserved the win over Carl. Also happy to see Trevor, Nicole, and Jesse. I didn't really follow season 1. I found it odd that they only have 1 contestant from season 4. Terry at least would have been a good choice to bring back. Danny Smiles (S3) would also have been great to see, but he's on that new show with Chuck Hughes now so he's obviously doing OK.

I think the right person went home. I'm not even sure why Elizabeth was cast. She wasn't a high finisher or a standout in her season.
    MFWalkoff likes this.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Wow, I had no idea this was happening, I thought the show was cancelled for good a while back.

I'll have to try and catch the episodes somehow.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

^ Me too. It was nice to have it back. Hope it is a good season. I recognized almost all of the chefs. All of the judges and the host are new except McEwan. Maybe the white lady judge too - or at least she has been on some show before. I didn't like the Asian lady judge (the "foodie") - she seemed stuck up, especially with her comment to one chef that maybe the dish would be ok in his restaurant but not for elevated people like the judges. Whatever, lady, you have a blog. Go away.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I finally got caught up to this week. My faves early on have been Andrea and Nicole. Im glad Nicole is doing so well so far, but she needs to calm down. I don't think she means to be cocky, she just gets hyper and it comes out kind of rough. She seemed more humble and funny in the first couple of weeks, hopefully she'll get that back.

As for Andrea -- I'm heartbroken from this week's results. I thought for sure she would make it to the finals. And it was a challenge where nothing was awful or inedible, just that one team cooked better. I would have been okay with Curtis, Connie or Dennis going instead.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I liked the Retail Wars challenge. I found that Restaurant Wars on this show wasn't really that special and ended up being more of a typical "put together a menu and cook it" challenge rather than actually being about the entire restaurant experience. Retail was something a bit different and even the losing team had lots of items that were well-liked.

I liked the concept of cooking representing different moments of Canadian history but I found that some events would have been much harder to cook for than others. Lester B Pearson winning the Nobel Peace Prize in particular would have been really difficult, but Trevor was able to put together a good dish supposedly based on the celebration banquet. He had been on the bottom a few times so it was good to see him do well. Nicole was pretty cocky about her dessert, which the judges immediately didn't like. It really confused me when at judging she claimed she "doesn't know dessert" or something. I remember her generally being good at making dessert from both seasons she's been on and seems to have quite a bit of experience with it so it makes no sense to try and claim it's something she's unfamiliar with.

I was sad to see Jonathan go so early, as he really was deserving of being on an All Stars season, but both his dishes were really disliked in that episode. I'm rooting for Jesse the most out of the remaining chefs. Nicole has gotten a bit cocky and annoying.

FORT Fan

I thought Nicole was a goner ....but she has been winning a lot.

Not sure who I want to win. I like them all, sometimes Connie gets on my nerves though.

Starting to feel like this season is the coronation of Nicole or Dustin.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Pretty much. Nicole is racking up more wins than both Voltaggios combined.

Can't say I was too broken up seeing Connie go though.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I don't know what it is, but Dustin annoys me to no end.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread