+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Top Chef Canada

Re: Top Chef Canada

Even though I'm not thrilled by Jonathan, these were the right three to go the finals. Dennis just wasn't as good a chef. WHen he and Mattthew were in the bottom two, I knew they would keep Matt -- there would have been rioting in Canada if they didn't. (Plus he's the better chef)

I was biting my nails while Danny made his dish -- he tanked so bad last week and his Quickfire wasn't a winner. I let out a big exhale when the judges started complimenting his food while they ate.
    sweetpea likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

Well, I don't know that we would have rioted. I was hoping they'd keep Dennis for purely aesthetic reasons.
    I'm not sure about Jonathan. Maybe because he started off so poorly. He seems rather robotic. Matthew is probably the most proficient but he reminds me too much of the first season winner. So I'm going to throw my support behind Danny.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Yeah, that is an issue -- if Matthew wins, he will look like triplets alongside the first two winners.

They need to get a little diversity going, lol.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Matt is most definitely easy on the eyes. Those eyes of his are electric blue. It's uncanny. I thought he had coloured contacts on at first! He's a great chef and deserves his spot in the finals.

I loved Dennis. Hope he made enough to enjoy his wedding and his honeymoon!

I'm pulling for Danny though. He is the one cooking with his heart and soul, IMO.
    Hyper and bee stung lips like this.

CCL

I didn't get the finale. It seemed that Danny's dishes were better received but he didn't win? Unless they were downplaying Matt's reviews for the "surprise" of his win. .
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It seemed a bit strange to me as well. The reviews seemed to lean a bit towards Danny and I otherwise had the feeling that the judges were going to pick him. Seeing Carl back reminded me of how I think Jonathan was robbed last season. Dale needs to get rid of that hairstyle. It made him look really weird and older. I found it interesting that they had 4 chefs in the finale last year and changed it to 2 this year.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I didn't get the ending either -- the overall comments during the courses seemed to lean in Danny's favor, so it was kind of odd when they called Matt's name, though he is a worthy winner as well.

I was shocked to see Jonathan go down at the Quickfire -- even if a food truck challenge was probably the last thing he would have wanted. It all happened so fast, it didn't register to me right away that he was actually gone and it was down to Danny & Matt.

I wish Danny would have won, but he can still be proud of everything he accomplished.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Did anyone watch the first episode of the new season?

The leader of the men's team is far too intense and stubborn. His dish was the worst of the night, but of course he has immunity so doesn't go anywhere. I don't know if I like the judges asking him to choose the bottom three from his team. Really hoping it is a one off, as that is too easy to manipulate and likely won't be a true indication of who did the least or made the worst dish.

I was really surprised to see how many times they came close to not finishing plating, either! And when they only got the sauce on two of the main courses, but then the one guy was able to pour the sauce into a container and finish saucing at the table...that seems like it wouldn't be allowed, since when time's up, time's up right? But nobody mentioned it after the fact so who knows, maybe he thought ahead and did it just before the timer went.

Not sure if I will like the boys vs. girls aspect. But considering we've had three male winners so far, I'd like to see a girl win. PLUS one of the girls is from Kelowna, just south of me and where I grew up, so at this point I'm rooting for her all the way!

Loved seeing Susar Lee again (I adore him) but I could do without Tori Spelling and her odious husband. His quip about "dessert" being up in one of the hotel rooms was crass and unnecessary. Plus, I thought they were splitsville? Ugh. Plus Tori is looking strange. Too much plastic surgery?

All in all, I'm glad it's back on. The cheftestants look really competitive, and the food looked delicious...especially that lobster soup bowl. YUMMMMMMMM
    Valar Morghulis

I didn't know the season had started! I'll have to seek it out on the intertubes...
    sweetpea likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It started on Monday night, I think. I'm sure you'll be able to find it out there, somewhere. From the previews, the season looks like it will be very competitive!

I love that we get our own versions of some of my favourite shows (Amazing Race Canada, Top Chef Canada) to fill in the gaps between the US version.
    MFWalkoff likes this.
    Valar Morghulis

+ Reply to Thread