+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Top Chef Canada

Re: Top Chef Canada

Geoff's opening line this week was priceless: "Caity's gone -- there's a lot less testosterone in the house!"

Why did they do another Indian challenge? They already did that with Lisa's surprise party. Even though Lisa and Shareen are judges, I think this was overkill.

I was glad they didn't over-penalize Nicole for not saucing all her plates. Geoff's dish was just not enough for 3 hours' work. I would have been fine with Jonathon going as well, but I think the right person went.
    sweetpea likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I found the elimination challenge odd too, especially since they had Mumbai in both this challenge and Lisa's party, so the same person could have been cooking for the same area twice (that may have happened, I just watched the episode but can't remember who had what area). The quickfire was also similar to Lisa's party challenge, cooking for different areas in the world. Geoff seemed to be the weakest of the chefs left, so I was expecting him to go. Jonathon always is so stiff and awkward, and oddly formal. I really don't like Shereen as a judge. Nicole and Danny are my favourites.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Geoff's opening line this week was priceless: "Caity's gone -- there's a lot less testosterone in the house!"

Why did they do another Indian challenge? They already did that with Lisa's surprise party. Even though Lisa and Shareen are judges, I think this was overkill.
    Shereen isn't Indian though- she's half-Iranian, half-Scottish. I was at first surprised that they were doing Indian but, really, only one course of Lisa's dinner was Indian (the other courses were Italian, French,Norther Californian...and some others I am forgetting) so...and I guess they had to have an excuse for having Vij on. And Russell Peters. It's kind of hard when they make them do certain types of food that they're not familiar with but they seemed to have some sort of information sheet given to them about their area, so that probably helped. I'd have been asking for access to google.

Rooting for Danny and Dennis. Probably in reverse order.
    Last edited by CCL; 05-22-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I lived in Vancouver for years, and never ate at Vij's. I love Indian food so I have no idea why not. Some of the dishes looked so delicious! I was jealous.

The right guy went home, I think. Nicole ran out of time, but they loved her flavours. I hope she starts to feel better soon. Love Danny and Dennis, either could win and I'd be happy.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

That was a nail-biter. And it was made all the more surreal by that gaggle of whackadoodle Real Housewives, especially the guest judge. What a piece of work!

Jonathan -- bleh. He didn't impress me today, this is the area that he's supposed to excel in. The way he ingratiated himself into the surroundings like a snob left me cold. Give me Danny and his hockey food any day.

I'm so so sad to see Nicole go. But to be honest, if it was between her and Danny, I was glad Danny was spared. But I would have liked to see her (or any woman except Caity) in the finals.

Next week: Looks like a take-off (haha) on Top Chef US' season 3 challenge at Newark Airport. My favorite, CJ, went down in that challenge. I hope that isn't an omen for this challenge...
    sweetpea and DesertRose like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sad to see Nicole go as well. For a minute I thought they might decide to not eliminate either of them. Seriously though, what was Danny thinking deep-frying for a "luxurious" challenge? That just made no sense to me at all. Jonathon went on and on about how good he is at "luxurious" cooking, which got old pretty fast. At this point I'd be happy with anyone except for him winning.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I was surprised at how irritated I was during the judging. Hated the guest judge, and that dress she wore at the beginning made her look like a 5 year old heading to a birthday party. Simply NOT flattering on a woman her age, but I guess that is the point. She's not trying to look her age. That was pretty clear when the housewives were greeting each other and one says to the other "you look great! you look like a 12 year old!"

What grown woman wants to look like a 12 year old? My 12 year old, watching with me, rolled her eyes at that one.

For the love of all that is holy, please do not have these horrible plastic women on the show again. I do not like the reality shows I love to cross breed with those I hate, thank you very much.

Now, to the judging. I despised the way they (Shareen?) asked Danny "what are you feeling right now?" - what do you think? Cow.

I really liked both Danny and Nicole, and I thought they were so nice to each other at the judging. But I agree with MFWalkoff, out of the two I was relieved to see Danny stay. Hope he kicks butt right to the end, now.

And yes, Jonathan's Corporal Winchester routine from M*A*S*H* is getting old.
    MFWalkoff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    And yes, Jonathan's Corporal Winchester routine from M*A*S*H* is getting old.
    I wish we still did Post of the Week...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Hated to see Nicole go. In fact I hate to see any of this last remaining group go since I like all of them. Jonathan cracks me up. I love how he for the most part remains unflappable while the others are losing their heads. But they're all very talented so i suppose its anybody's game at this point. Although I do think Matthew will be the last one standing. He's super talented, usually almost never has a bad week. He's a little bit easy on the eyes too, I've noticed.

Hated having Jodie as the guest judge. Can't stand her on RHOV and couldn't stand her on this show either. But then i mostly hate the judges on this show to begin with. I have a love/ hate relationship with Mark Mackewan and his Donald Duck looking a$$ self since I used to watch his other show on the Food Network way back in the day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 05-31-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Happy that Danny and Matt are both in the finals.

There were some truly bizarre choices made by the chefs in this episode. 2 fish courses in a row, although executed well by Jonathan, just doesn't sound appealing. And Matt doing 2 vegetarian dishes was strange too. I really thought they were going to eliminate Matt, since the criticism towards him seemed so harsh.

I really don't like Shereen. She says such ridiculous things sometimes. When the judges were deliberating, she mentions that Matt might have gotten overconfident. While that may be true, she then said that when the judges mentioned that they haven't seen him in the bottom, he said that he hadn't been in the bottom yet. Um, well since he hasn't been in the bottom till now, how was he supposed to respond? He may have been overconfident, but what was the point of bringing that part up, as though it somehow proves his overconfidence? He was just reaffirming a true statement, that he hadn't been in the bottom yet. It made no sense to me to bring it up that way.

Excited for the finale in Calgary!

+ Reply to Thread