+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Top Chef Canada

Re: Top Chef Canada

Danny has really been growing on me, especially since so many of the other chefs are either stuffy, neurotic or downright cold. I'm glad he got a chance to shine. He may not have won the challenge but he showed the judges that he can lead a kitchen, even when thrown the curveball of the dietary restrictions. (Plus winning the quickfire)

I can understand why Chris got sent home, but I think it should have been Becky. Chris skated and didn't contribute, but Becky showed that she isn't listening to their critiques. She refuses to adapt, or even acknowledge that there's her way, and the rest of the world's way. How many chances should she get to fail before they finally boot her?

I'm only sorry that Caity was able to position herself so well at judges' table. I really can't stand her.
    Hyper likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I agree with you about Becky. I liked her in the first couple of episodes, but she has really gotten too cocky. Openly disagreeing with the judges is NEVER a good move. She was weak in the quickfire (she charged way too much for that rather insubstantial salad, but she thought she was justified because "no one was expecting it." OK then.) And this week she showed that she's good at making desserts and that's about it. I understand that the inability to cook duck probably did throw them off, but not doing anything to the fruit on Top Chef really is a bad idea and you know the judges are going to expect more. Liking Danny.

Next week, Shereen (sp?) says "my balls are dry" and Mark MacEwan does something I don't think I've ever seen him do before: really laugh.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

It was a guest judge that says that, and Shereen tried to keep a straight face, and then she land Mark just lose it.

Caity positioned herself well because she kissed the judges butts, while her partner argued with them. I would have sent them both home!
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Wow -- double elimination. I was hoping that the judges would take Chris' loss of his main ingredient into consideration and maybe spare him. But he went home with Rory, who never should have been in the cast in the first place. I knew they wouldn't send Jonathan home, he provides too much unintentional comedy with his stiff pretentiousness.

So glad Danny is still riding high -- winning the quickfire and "Canada's new national dish." I don't really like seafood but I wanted to try his seafood roll. Too bad he had to lose his bromance Chris in the same challenge.

Restaurant Wars next week! Looks like Monica, Danny, Becky and Geoff are one team and Caity, Jonathan, Matthew and Dennis are the other.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I love Danny, but then again he comes from my hometown, so I'm not objective However, I find it weird that nobody frowned on his use of canned seafood. I thought that was a big no-no in those types of competitions. I guess it had no outcome on the flavor though, as he won.
    I've always wanted to go to Chuck Hugue's Garde-Manger restaurant. Now I'm dying to go to his second restaurant, Brehmer, which is where Danny Smiles works!

Becky eliminating herself didn't change the outcome at all. I fully believe that she would have been eliminated anyway, since she was in charge. I get the feeling that her ego wouldn't be able to handle being cut by the judges, so she opted out in order to "go out on her own terms."

Shereen is really starting to annoy me with her condescending attitude. When she was talking to Nicole in the restaurant and Nicole said that she'd done catering before, her face and tone when she said "it's totally different, Nicole" came off as rather snotty to me.

I don't like that Caity is doing well. And she said in one of her confessionals last episode that someone else had a "bad attitude". When she has the worst attitude of all, no contest.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Yeah, Becky ticked me off by trying to leave before they could cut her -- that's a cowardly move, disguised as bravado. If it's your turn, stand up and take it. (It's only a TV show, lol)

I remember Howie, that bulldog from Top Chef: Miami, tried the same thing when it was looking like he was about to get the chop, and the judges didn't accept it. Padma said, "WE decide who's going tonight, Howie." I think maybe Mark & Shereen & Lisa didn't fight Becky about it because it was so blatantly obvious that she was responsible for the loss.

Dang, why did it have to be Caity who won? Can an oven fall on her or something? She's just awful...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yeah! Caity's gone! I've noticed that she always immediately agrees with the judges when her food is bad, and sucks up a little bit that way. I thought it was very strange that she'd ask for help cooking her food. It doesn't seem like her at all. I also have no clue why any of the other contestants would agree to help her, even if it may be in that particular person's nature to help others. It seems like nobody actually liked her.

As Shangela from RuPaul's Drag Race would say, "HALLELOO!"

Danny's just too nice, he's like the polar opposite of Caity in terms of strategy.

But I will say, Caity went out with class. I felt bad for feeling so good that she was going, lol.

So glad Nicole was spared -- cooking while sick rarely ends up well.

It was nice to see a calm and friendly Michael Voltaggio! Who knew?
    sweetpea likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

So happy to see Caity go. Thank the Kitchen Gods! I did feel bad for the guy in the bottom 3 with Caity and Nicole, both in tears.

Caity sucking up to the judges immediately and then pulling the tears, when she acts like she's such a basa$$ in the kitchen and more "one of the guys" than one of the girls was just ridiculous. That said, she accepted her elimination with stoicism, unlike Becky the week before who tried to dodge the elimination by taking herself out.

Still like Nicole, Dennis and Danny. Danny is too nice, helping Caity. I don't think she'd have done it for him if the situation were reversed. I was also really happy the judges liked the progression of the courses, since the other chefs were thinking Dennis had made a major mistake there. And really glad his consomme worked out. I would love to have them be the final 3

+ Reply to Thread