+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobbed

Kiz

Mobbed

Did anyone else watch Mobbed tonight? I thought it was surprisingly touching. I think I went through all the emotions with the couple. I'm a sucker for a happy ending too.

FOX Broadcasting Company - Mobbed TV Show - Mobbed TV Series - Mobbed Episode Guide
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Re: Mobbed

My husband watched and really liked it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I flipped back and forth between Grey's Anatomy and Mobbed....preferring Mobbed tonight. I was surprised when I got weepy. It was pretty enjoyable!

Bless her heart, her wedding dress was horrible, but I guess that was secondary. I couldn't believe they just slipped it on over her regular dress, but I guess you do whatever works. I will tune in again. Something's getting recorded!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought they went way too far adding the mystery girl to the mix. There is no reason to bring that kind of stress to a relationship. Wish someone...anyone would have buttoned the back of her dress. Surely that wasn't a legal ceremony...?

I was really touched with how much they loved each other.........such a beautiful young woman.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

It was Vegas so I'm thinking that was mock, but then they'd go sign the papers and have the legal vows within the half hour. (or maybe she had a chance to breathe and said - Hold On a Minute!)

I caught the last 40 min when they arrived at the hotel so missed all of the set up. Maybe if I had seen that I wouldn't have had my sneer on.

I also felt so bad for her. She worried about the dress being sized right when they drew it over her head and then it was so super fugly with the design and the ill fit - wayyyy too big, even over her other clothes. Not fair when he had a chance to get all spiffy. Did you see that they put her plump girlfriends and short short skirts? The groomsmen looked wedding, the bridesmaids and bride didn't. Men must have planned this whole thing.

I hope she gets a church wedding with all the beauty to compensate for this farce. It's supposed to be her day, not Howie Mandel's wet dream.

And what was with all the rehearsed choreography of the cast of hundreds that was supposed to be spontaneous....right....[insert sarcasm]

Will I watch again...maybe.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I recorded it but haven't watched yet. I'm sure I'll love it. I'm such a sucker for those videos. Haven't seen one yet that didn't make me tear up and feel sentimental.
    If it's done well, I'm hoping it'll be on more than just this one time but I better wait until I watch to see how well it was done.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It was Vegas so I'm thinking that was mock, but then they'd go sign the papers and have the legal vows within the half hour. (or maybe she had a chance to breathe and said - Hold On a Minute!)

II also felt so bad for her. She worried about the dress being sized right when they drew it over her head and then it was so super fugly with the design and the ill fit - wayyyy too big, even over her other clothes. Not fair when he had a chance to get all spiffy. Did you see that they put her plump girlfriends and short short skirts? The groomsmen looked wedding, the bridesmaids and bride didn't. Men must have planned this whole thing.
    I thought the same things. As that dress went on over her head she propbably thought, oh no, I wanted to lose weight for my wedding!

The dress was too small; that is why no one buttoned it. You could tell that the expanse was too great across the back. Had they asked him to give them a dress she owned to gage the fit this would not have happened.

They could have rushed up with a portable closed in space for her to get out of her clothes, as well. I thought of some dress designs that would have worked and all involved a bodice made of stretch material so the top fit like a cap sleeved T-shirt or tank top. It looked fabulous in my mind.

Since he was known for his antics, she could have come to the conclusion that this was the perfect way to marry him. They can always plan a reception for their friends and family down the line or marry again.

I almost didn't watch because it sounded so corny, but there was nothing else on, so I decided to watch. So glad I did. Loved it!! I couldn't believe how much I was tearing up, and I'm not a crier. Agree about the dress being horrible though. Other than that, it was perfect!

Kiz

I did feel really bad for the girl and her unbuttoned and ill fitting wedding dress. That was one hot mess. Someone in costuming should have realized that they needed a zipper and/or a stretchy bodice. I loved that the boyfriend's brother and friends went all out for him and danced on TV for the world to see to help make the proposal special. I also teared up a few times during the show.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I did feel really bad for the girl and her unbuttoned and ill fitting wedding dress. That was one hot mess. Someone in costuming should have realized that they needed a zipper and/or a stretchy bodice. I loved that the boyfriend's brother and friends went all out for him and danced on TV for the world to see to help make the proposal special. I also teared up a few times during the show.

My impression with the dress was that it was sized big and supposed to be tied in back to make it look fitted in the front. Whoever tied it in back just didn't smooth it down properly so panels stuck out, making it seem as though it was unbuttoned.

I really liked the bride and groom. They both seemed to really value each other as people and to make each other happy. It was very touching. In the future though I hope the male producers listen when a female tells them that bringing in a girl to make it seem as though the groom had been with another woman is a bad idea. Though without that we wouldn't have gotten the hilarious scene of the producer feeding lines to the person trying to smooth the bride after the girl in the gold dress left.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast