+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PIT BOSS on Animal Planet

PIT BOSS on Animal Planet

Pit Boss : Animal Planet

Saturday 10pm AP

Former actor, entertainment guru and pit bull rescuer Shorty Rossi has lofty ideals, a tough attitude and an entertainment industry Rolodex to help his cause. And he's gathered together three friends/employees; Ronald, Ashley and Sebastian, to take on the gargantuan task of rescuing, rehabbing and training the most misunderstood of dogs—pit bulls.

Shorty, a workaholic with a devilish sense of humor and quick temper, balances two jobs—running Shortywood Productions, a Hollywood talent management company for little people, as well as Shorty’s Rescue, his pit bull rescue group.

Shorty, aptly named, and his three cohorts happen to be little people with the biggest hearts for these adorable dogs, who often are bigger than they are. From the producers of Millionaire Matchmaker and Blowout, Pit Boss follows the everyday drama and joy of these buddies and business partners as they hit the streets of Los Angeles in their fight to overcome stereotypes — for themselves and the pit bulls they save.

Does anyone watch this show? Its already into Season 2. DH & I have watched it off and on both last season and this one. While we do not own any dogs and would personally never own a pitbull, I have always found the rescuing of animals a wonderful thing to do.

BUT this brings me to this past Saturday night's epi. Shorty received a call from a woman stating that her neighbor has gone out of town, possibly Europe and left 3 pitbulls in her house alone. Shorty decides he needs to go check it out. In the middle of the night, all donned in black attire, he goes with two of this employees, arrives to hear the dogs all barking loudly. Shorty proceeds to take a bat and smash in the window of this home, climbs in, gathers up the dogs and opens the front door and walks out with them …. are.you.kidding.me. He was arrested and then was released.

I found this so wrong. Then the owner returns from Europe to find her dogs missing. She is given Shorty's number, calls him and says that she heard he had her dogs and would like them back. Shorty tells her to come to his rescue office/facility and he tells her HE will decide if she can get them back … are.you.kidding.me. Now I am thinking this all has to be some joke.

Well the lady comes by, explains that the person hired to care for the dogs did not follow through. Shorty tells her that he wants to see how the dogs react to her. Well of course the dogs love her and jump all over her and Shorty scolds her and tells her to NEVER let that happen again … are.you.kidding.me.

All very odd. Breaking and entering, no clue why he was released. Last I knew that was a crime.

Just was wondering if other FORT FANS watch Pitboss?
    KAREN

Re: PITBOSS on Animal Planet

I do occasionally watch this show, not because I am or am not in to Pitbulls, but I am into animal rescue and I find many of the animal rescue shows very informative/educational. I did not see this episode of Pit Boss....sounds like he took things too far but I'm not judging; just commenting.
    There used to be an animal rescue show on the Animal Planet that took place in New York (don't recall the name of it) which involved some older "biker" guys who rescued animals in their spare time. I don't think it's on anymore unfortunately, but I do miss that show.'
    Having watched several episodes of "Pit Boss" I just can't get into it. I do however like Pit Bulls and Parolees. Not sure why I prefer one to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I do occasionally watch this show, not because I am or am not in to Pitbulls, but I am into animal rescue and I find many of the animal rescue shows very informative/educational. I did not see this episode of Pit Boss....sounds like he took things too far but I'm not judging; just commenting.
    There used to be an animal rescue show on the Animal Planet that took place in New York (don't recall the name of it) which involved some older "biker" guys who rescued animals in their spare time. I don't think it's on anymore unfortunately, but I do miss that show.'
    Having watched several episodes of "Pit Boss" I just can't get into it. I do however like Pit Bulls and Parolees. Not sure why I prefer one to the other.
    Ohhh, we love Pit Bulls and Parolees. Wow, that lady, I can't think of her name, Trinia or something like that, begins with a T, she and her DD's are amazing. Devoted their whole lives to these pit bulls and making sure they do get into good homes.

Yes, it is the rescuing that DH & I love about these shows.
    KAREN

Hey, I watched Pit Boss regularly. I think I've watched most all of their episodes. It's pretty funny somethimes. Shorty has a good heart though he can be a loose cannon. What you have to keep in mind, is that a fair amount of it is scripted. I have watched it long enough to see how they provide fake people and fake situations.

I think if you look at the fine print after the show they disclose that it's not all real. Certain parts are real, but some of the high drama scenes are planned.

Once they provided a mother and daughter team who were obviously actors. The child played a brat and mother was an overly demanding, dissatisfied client. You could tell it was fake. There have been many scenes like that.

Some of the rescue scenes are definitely scripted. It's for dramatic effect and I'm okay with that. You just have to know that Shorty didn't really break into that house without permission. It's preplanned.

My question is, how they stay in business? They hardly ever get work. They get donations, but that wouldn't cover all their salaries, plus the rent, etc. I find that odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Hey, I watched Pit Boss regularly. I think I've watched most all of their episodes. It's pretty funny somethimes. Shorty has a good heart though he can be a loose cannon. What you have to keep in mind, is that a fair amount of it is scripted. I have watched it long enough to see how they provide fake people and fake situations.

I think if you look at the fine print after the show they disclose that it's not all real. Certain parts are real, but some of the high drama scenes are planned.

Once they provided a mother and daughter team who were obviously actors. The child played a brat and mother was an overly demanding, dissatisfied client. You could tell it was fake. There have been many scenes like that.

Some of the rescue scenes are definitely scripted. It's for dramatic effect and I'm okay with that. You just have to know that Shorty didn't really break into that house without permission. It's preplanned.

My question is, how they stay in business? They hardly ever get work. They get donations, but that wouldn't cover all their salaries, plus the rent, etc. I find that odd.
    Maybe simply the money they make by being on Animal Planet is a huge contribution to their pit bull rescue mission. I had no idea many of the episodes/situations were scripted. One would think that real life would provide enough authentic scenarios to last many seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    Maybe simply the money they make by being on Animal Planet is a huge contribution to their pit bull rescue mission. I had no idea many of the episodes/situations were scripted. One would think that real life would provide enough authentic scenarios to last many seasons.

It depends on the show, but most all of the reality shows have preplanned plots. If you have watched The Kardashians, Family Jewels, Tori and Dean, Kendra, etc. you will see how they set up situations to varying degrees. Some just plan a road trip and film what happenes, like with the Duggars or Gosselins others put in fake fights, fake activites, etc.

We have a locally taped reality show called Lizard Lick Towing. LOL I heard the stars of that show recently in a local radio progarm talking about how they give them scripts of what is going to happen and then they do it in their own words. That Auto Repo show is the same way. Here's a link for the Lizard Lick TV show. They are a real towing company in Wendell, NC, however, I think their real job is now the reality show. LOL
    http://www.lizardlicktowing.com/

I don't mind if it's not so obvious, but sometimes it's just too much. I think there are only a few shows that don't have some preplanned scenes or at least set the people up at certain locations like bars, amusment parks, etc.
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-17-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Oh ya, that was like 2 weeks ago … that lady, ugh the kid, ugh. I really did not think it was scripted BUT it HAS to be … I mean to what to be on film acting like they did …

And then this past week with the break-in …

ITA, how do they make any money???
    KAREN

The premise of the show is that Shorty runs a business that has a two-fold purpose. He does Pit bull rescue and he manages a entertainment/talent agency for little people. If you need a little person to appear in a tv show, movie, personal appearance, etc., they will provide the talent. The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be many calls for their talent, and when they do get calls it's for little things. Maybe there's more work going on than they show on air. LOL Also, the two guys who work for hiim are nice, but not the best actors in the world. They really need lots of work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Pit Boss : Animal Planet

Saturday 10pm AP

BUT this brings me to this past Saturday night's epi. Shorty received a call from a woman stating that her neighbor has gone out of town, possibly Europe and left 3 pitbulls in her house alone. Shorty decides he needs to go check it out. In the middle of the night, all donned in black attire, he goes with two of this employees, arrives to hear the dogs all barking loudly. Shorty proceeds to take a bat and smash in the window of this home, climbs in, gathers up the dogs and opens the front door and walks out with them …. are.you.kidding.me. He was arrested and then was released.

I found this so wrong. Then the owner returns from Europe to find her dogs missing. She is given Shorty's number, calls him and says that she heard he had her dogs and would like them back. Shorty tells her to come to his rescue office/facility and he tells her HE will decide if she can get them back … are.you.kidding.me. Now I am thinking this all has to be some joke.

Well the lady comes by, explains that the person hired to care for the dogs did not follow through. Shorty tells her that he wants to see how the dogs react to her. Well of course the dogs love her and jump all over her and Shorty scolds her and tells her to NEVER let that happen again … are.you.kidding.me.

All very odd. Breaking and entering, no clue why he was released. Last I knew that was a crime.

Just was wondering if other FORT FANS watch Pitboss?
    He had been in contact for her while she was still away. Her brother was supposed to be looking after them. She missed flights and had delay after delay and it took her days to get home.

While I do not approve of how this rescue went down, I was proud of Shorty for making sure she was a loving dog owner before he let her take the dogs.

Did you see the speed dating eposide?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

The premise of the show is that Shorty runs a business that has a two-fold purpose. He does Pit bull rescue and he manages a entertainment/talent agency for little people. If you need a little person to appear in a tv show, movie, personal appearance, etc., they will provide the talent. The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be many calls for their talent, and when they do get calls it's for little things. Maybe there's more work going on than they show on air. LOL Also, the two guys who work for hiim are nice, but not the best actors in the world. They really need lots of work on that.
    I have watched some of these shows...I really think he cares about the dogs and does have their best interest at heart..but as someone upthread said..he can be off the chain at times...the only thing I don't like about him is the way he sometimes treats his employees..yes they work for him...but he sometimes acts like that gives him free reign to have total control over their lives...its like they are supposed to have any other life outside of work
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast