+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PIT BOSS on Animal Planet

Re: PITBOSS on Animal Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If you notice that most of the calls that come in are some stranger asking Shorty to come and rescue the pit bull. Shorty says they want to do it before Animal Control gets there because Animal Control will destroy the dogs in so many days. But, Shorty's Rescue could get them from Animal Control. I wonder if they insist on doing the rescues as drama for the show. I guess it doesn't matter, as long as the dogs get saved.
    And if Shorty was a responsible adult and serious about his organization he would be attempting to make a better name for himself instead of breaking and entering and running around like some maverick.

If he was really serious about his organization he would certainly be building relationships and organizational cooperation with animal control instead of fighting against them.

I personally would not adopt any animal from him knowing that it may be stolen property. I prefer to have my pets come to me clean not as the result of theft. And it's no wonder why other organizations don't necessarily take him seriously when he's acting like a juvenile.

Ok, so I have caught some of this show (repeats of episodes). I don't like Shorty at all. I like what he is doing as per rescuing dogs, but I can't stand his personality. He is so rude and cruel to his employees it makes me ill to watch how he treats them.

Today was an epi where Ashley's mom was visiting and also a magazine was coming to do a story for their dog magazine on Shorty and crew. Shorty got mad at Ronald because he wasn't dressed up enough and refused to allow him to be in the photos. I think he was way too hard on Ronald.

He reminds me of a bully I once worked for, the man was horrible and nobody could stand him. I bet they talk crap about Shorty behind his back and hate him like nothing else. Lol. It's good they don't have to tell the truth about how they feel about Shorty.

He ruins the show for me. I also think the more interesting storylines actually involve the lives of the other three anyway.

The show has shown a lot of the background on Shorty, I think in an attempt to explain his behavior. Basically, while he can be a total pain, he is really a softie inside. Apparently, Shorty suffered severe abuse as a child. It was so bad he ran away as a teen and found a family who took him in. He went the wrong way and spent quite awhile in prison. When he got out he was determined to make his life count. He really changed, but some of the bad qualities are still around. Not excusing Shorty, but just saying.

He suffers from severe back pain and has been told he needs psychological therapy to deal with his horrific life, but he refuses to go. Bad choice. I think that eventually, his bad attitude will no longer serve him.

Oh, I forgot to mention that much of Shorty's drama is scripted by the show. It's difficult to know just how much is Shorty and how much is the script.

Thanks for the background info, Debb. I have seen the show address that, but he reminds me so much of that bully I used to work for that in my mind nothing excuses the way he treats his employees. I really don't know why they don't tell him to f&^% off, other than the recession and possible need of their jobs, lol. I'd have to be desperate too, and I was, to work for somebody like that.

If he needs therapy, and it affects the way he functions with others, then he should go get therapy and not abuse other people.
    Debb70 likes this.

Oh, I agree. I am shocked that everyone knows Shorty needs therapy, but Shorty. A doctor told him he thought the back pain was brought on my psychological pain and that the counseling would help that. He won't do it. That's pretty bad.

I think his employees really want to make it into show biz so they have to stay. I don't know if you noticed, but their talent in acting/comedy is VERY raw. They need a lot of training and practice. This show offers that. Maybe they pretend it's just all an act.

I know I could not work for a jerk, unless I had no other choice and could get no other job. Also, I think there are laws about how you treat employees now. That's another reason I think much of his anger and mean behavior is scripted.

There are new episodes of this show! I almost can't believe it. But nothing has changed very much. These little people still work for Shorty despite everything, including the two men being in a movie.

What I noticed this time around more than anything was how scripted I do believe it is. There is no way this show is not scripted. These people are absolutely reciting lines and playing parts. No way is this not scripted. Absolutely no way.

Nowadays, it seems to be Ashley who will be telling Shorty to take a hike. The pressure is building and she can't take it anymore. He yells at her and treats her like a child. Same sort of stuff that was going on with the other two before they "left". Well, they're back. She probably will be too.

Nothing at all new to see here. I don't know why the show is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    There are new episodes of this show! I almost can't believe it. But nothing has changed very much. These little people still work for Shorty despite everything, including the two men being in a movie.

What I noticed this time around more than anything was how scripted I do believe it is. There is no way this show is not scripted. These people are absolutely reciting lines and playing parts. No way is this not scripted. Absolutely no way.

Nowadays, it seems to be Ashley who will be telling Shorty to take a hike. The pressure is building and she can't take it anymore. He yells at her and treats her like a child. Same sort of stuff that was going on with the other two before they "left". Well, they're back. She probably will be too.

Nothing at all new to see here. I don't know why the show is still on.
    Completely fake and badly acted. I don't believe a word that comes out of this cast's mouth, including "and" and "the."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Re: PIT BOSS on Animal Planet

Yes, it is the same script recycled from a few seasons ago. This time they threw in the story of the kennel. Anyone with half a brain can see how that story is BS. Shortywood is responsible for the cages of dogs that THEY have in the kennel. So, once those puppies and other dog were adopted out, they only have one - two dogs. WHy would it take 5-6 people to clean the cages of two dogs everyday and walk the dogs? It makes no sense.

If you watch when they set up the thing you heard how it was set up. The other dogs' kennels are the responsibility of the other people who share the Dog Orphans building. Shorty and his people only have to do the kennels for the pit bulls.

What I do like about the show are the moments that make me laugh out loud. Some scenes crack me up and keep me watching. Like last season when they were in a tutu. I cried I laughed so hard. Then this seaon when the guys got trapped in the sinking mud!!! I laughed so hard. This is the only thing that keeps me around. Plus, I like all the characters. Just not the BS.

I accidentally caught an episode last night. After leaving Shorty apparently to work for another agent, Ashley comes back to go to Florida with the crew to try to help get an anti-pit bull law repealed. She winds up apologizing to Shorty (apparently when she left her new employer wanted her to steal his clients and she wouldn't but Shorty accused her of it). She's now left the new employer (that job didn't last long!) and she goes back apparently. Just the same old stuff. Predictable. The shame is I really want to like Ashley and mostly I do, I just don't think her acting is up to par, and if you are going to act, do it well!

I was really hoping that Ashely was going to stay with that new guy's talent agency. Too bad she has returned to Shortywood. The storylines are so lame. They really needed some brains behind this whole kennel thing. IT's so stupid to pretend to run a talent agency, but you send your staff to clean kennels and walk dogs instead their actual job. It makes no sense. I think I'm on my last season of this show. They need some creative writers to save it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast