+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Makeover-Episode Four, Bright Smiles; Big Titties

Extreme Makeover-Episode Four, Bright Smiles; Big Titties

Extreme Makeover-Episode Four, Bright Smiles; Big Titties

Extreme Makeover is show where America’s best surgeons, dentists, trainers and stylists do their magic and transform people’s lives in ways they could never imagine. Two lucky people will be offered every tool available to help them capture the image that will change their outlook on life.

First we meet Karen Lindley from Wilson, Arkansas. She is a 44 year old emergency room nurse who met her fiancé, Blake, at the hospital where they both work. He even proposed to her right in her office and she promptly threw up in the garbage can from the shock. She is very self conscious about her nose that she inherited from her grandmother. Karen also would like to have a more balanced bosom. Several surgeries for benign tumors have left her breasts uneven and misshapen. Karen simply wants to be beautiful on her wedding day. Blake will not see her until just moments before she walks down the aisle. Her best friend Jeannie will be making all of her wedding arrangements while Karen transforms into the woman she has always wanted to be.

[IMG]images/img/KarenBeforeEM.jpg[/IMG]
    Karen Before Extreme Makeover

Our second candidate, Sandra Allen, is a 53 year old widow from Mesa, Arizona. Her husband died this past year and she had been his primary care giver ever since he was disabled during a narcotics bust gone bad. He was disabled for twenty-seven years before his death. They had an amazing love that makes it hard for her to move on. She feels that her bad teeth turn people off and her sagging skin makes her look older than her years. Sandra just does not want to stay stuck in the past while life goes on around her. While still living, her husband told her to get out into the world once he was gone and make a life for herself. Sandra is blown away when she is told that the Extreme Makeover is hers. Now she has the chance at that new life.

[IMG]images/img/SandraBeforeEM.jpg[/IMG]
    Sandra Before Extreme Makeover

Once in Las Angeles, Karen meets with her plastic surgeon. Dr. Jon Pearlman goes over what he believes will help Karen achieve the look she desires. They are in agreement over the procedures to be done and Karen is impressed with the doctor. She will have a nose job, a brow lift, the fat removed from her eyelids and chin, and breast implants.

Since Sandra’s teeth are her primary concern, she sees Dr. Dorfman first. Sandra has very serious bone deterioration and gum disease in her mouth and will have to have eight teeth extracted. The news hits Sandra pretty hard as she did not know the extent of the poor condition of her mouth. She looks forward to the final result of her dental work. Dr. Dorfman reassures her that she will have beautiful new teeth.

Sandra moves on to Dr. Pearlman. As they discuss the procedures, she is cheerful and optimistic about the possible results. Sandra is pleased with the doctor. She will have her teeth fixed, a face lift, a brow lift, a nose job, and breast lift and implants.

The night before surgery Karen is very calm on the phone with Blake. The next morning she is ready to get started. The seven hour surgery goes well, but Karen has a reaction to the anesthesia that only happens to five percent of outpatient surgeries. After an extended stay in recovery she is moved to the aftercare facility with no further problems.

Sandra calls her family one last time before surgery and reassures them that she will be fine. Her sons are very protective of her and needed to hear from her on this particular night. The next morning Dr. Pearlman has to break the news to Sandra that she will not be getting her breast implants because of the infection in her mouth as it could spread to the breasts after the surgery. They will have to wait until after her mouth infection clears up to go ahead with breast augmentation. Though a little disappointed, Sandra is fine with that delay and is ready to move on with the procedures of the day. Her surgery goes well and Dr. Dorfman calls Sandra’s family to assure them everything went smoothly and she will look great. After eight hours of surgery it is time for recovery.

A few days after surgery Karen gets to see her entire face for the first time. She is anxious to look at her nose and is completely thrilled with the results. Karen is also pleased with her breasts and Dr. Dorfman is amazed that there is no bruising. Karen is so grateful for the gift of the Extreme Makeover.

Sandra visits Dr. Pearlman’s office anticipating a look at her new face. As she looks in the mirror she feels like a totally different person. The doctor is particularly impressed with her wonderful new profile.

Sandra moves on to dental issues. She meets Dr. Ari Rosenblatt who will be removing eight of her teeth and treating her gum disease. He also will fit her with temporary removable devices that replace the missing teeth and allow her to smile while waiting for her new partial dentures to be completed. The entire process takes two hours.

Karen visits Dr. Robert Maloney who does her lasik eye surgery. She is surprised at how little discomfort is involved in the entire process. She is left with very good distance and reading vision.

Sandra never liked her glasses and as a result almost never wore them. She was very jittery about someone touching her eyes, but in the end did not feel a thing. Her procedure went well.

Sandra returns to Dr. Pearlman’s for the long awaited breast surgery. She is thrilled because her chest area was one of her greatest concerns. After the surgery Sandra feels fantastic even with some tightness in her chest.

Karen gets her teeth whitened at Dr. Dorfman’s office.
    She had fantastic results and is very pleased.

Now it is Sandra’s turn to look at her complete smile. She will have partial upper and lower dentures that will replace the missing teeth. Sandra loves her new smile.

Karen meets with trainer and nutritionist Phillip Golia who will help sculpt her body through custom diet and exercise just in time for her wedding. Phillip describes Karen as having the Fararri of metabolism. She has the perfectly balanced body chemistry for burning off excess nutrients efficiently. Karen quickly sees results though she was reluctant to believe in the process initially. In the end she is happy with her new fitness plan.

Fashion stylist Kelly Atterton of Allure Magazine is brought in to put together new looks for both ladies. She will be with them each step of the way as they choose new wardrobes, hair styles, makeup and jewelry completing the overall vision.

Sandra got a sophisticated look and felt pampered trying on all of the clothes for her new wardrobe.

Karen stops at the design boutique of Monique Lhullier to choose a wedding gown. Monique's dresses are modern, sophisticated and sexy. Karen wants a simple, elegant style that is not too poofy and finds the perfect dress. It is one she never would have thought she could wear before her Extreme Makeover.

Next Kelly and Karen shop at Martin Katz Jeweler for wedding day baubles. She ends up with a nearly ninety thousand dollars worth of diamonds to wear as a bride.

Makeup artist Carol Shaw is the next of the Extreme Makeover team to see the ladies.

Carol was stunned by Sandra’s beauty. She really wanted to keep a natural look and play up the eyes. She also ended up with truely luscious lips.

Karen told Carol exactly what she was looking for and just enhanced her features with minimal makeup.

Hair stylist Chris McMillan works wonders on the ladies. First he takes Sandra to a more natural color and softens the structure of her hair with layers all around her face. With Karen he took out the gray and gave her a modern and younger style. She says that she feels beautiful for the first time in her life and can not wait to walk down the aisle.

The reveal parties are next and Sandra is the first up. All of her friends, children and grandchildren are there to welcome the new Sandra home. One of her sons was so shocked he just could not stay in his chair. Everyone is thrilled with the result and sure that Sandra’s husband would be too. Sandra says that when she looks in the mirror she sees a different person who feels positive, energetic and ready to move on with the rest of her life.

[IMG]images/img/SandraAfterEM.jpg[/IMG]
    Sandra After Extreme Makeover

Ultimately Sandra had a brow lift, a face lift, a nose job, breast lift and augmentation, a neck lift, fat injections in her lips and cheeks, lasik eye surgery and a complete dental restoration. Her dental work included whitening, periodontal therapy, bonding and partial dentures. This is the most work we have seen on any one person on an Extreme Makeover thus far. It seems well worth the effort from the Extreme Team.

Karen heads back to Arkansas for a wedding of her dreams. This will be the first time the groom has seen the bride since the transformation. Karen steps straight onto the white carpeted aisle from the limo and applause erupts. The wedding music starts and the nuptials are underway. Karen’s son told us that one of his buddies says his mother is hot! Karen still wakes up thinking it must have all been a dream because amazing things like this just do not happen to country girls.

[IMG]images/img/KarenAfterEM.jpg[/IMG]
    Karen After Extreme Makeover

Karen had a nose job, brow lift, liposuction under the chin, breast implants, lasik eye surgery, her teeth whitened, and her hair colored and styled. Extreme Makeover is also sending Blake and Karen on a honeymoon to Jamaica at Couples Resort and they will be flown by Air Jamaica. Now they will have a chance to rediscover each other as husband and wife in a truly romantic setting.

Both of this weeks Extreme Makeovers were a great success and we get an update on a couple of the past Extreme Makeover recipients, Melissa Jones and David Patteson.

Melissa had always wanted to look different but especially since her ten year reunion was creeping up on her. Now she will blow away her classmates with her new look and attitude. Melissa is very sure of herself and not intimidated by new challenges. She is now down to a size six and feeling very comfortable in her skin. Melissa has experienced some resistance from a few of her friends to adjust to the new look. She says that it is unfortunate that they feel threatened by her new confidence. Melissa looks forward to every new day with a burst of fresh energy.

David says that it was tough to get back into the routine of things and everyone at work has been supportive. His wife is really pleased with the over all change and hopes that he keeps up with his exercise routine because she likes his body. They have been going out more and enjoying each other’s company. David says that he really feels great about himself now.

Next week we get to see two more Extreme Makeovers. First a woman who feels that she has always been the ugly sister when she is actually an identical twin. Second a single mother of three who wants to become a beauty that her daughters can look up to. Join me next week for the results of these two transformations.

Email the author of this article at feifer@fansofrealitytv.com .

Before and After
    [IMG]images/img/KarenBeforeEM.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/KarenBeforeEMProfile.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]images/img/KarenAfterEM.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/KarenAfterEMProfile.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/KarenAfterEMFull.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]images/img/SandraBeforeEM.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/SandraBeforeEMProfile.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]images/img/SandraAfterEM.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/SandraAfterEMProfile.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/img/SandraAfterEMFull.jpg[/IMG]

Sandra is a totally different person. How amazing!

John, It is an amazing difference! Her teeth were so bad, really wicked witchy. Now she has a great smile. She had a team of people in her mouth. It sure paid off.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Feifer --

Great job on the recap. I missed the show but heard from my co-workers that it was the best one yet. I was really looking forward to your recap.

Based on the before/after photos, I have to agree.

Tell me, what was Karen's husband-to-be Blake's reaction to her new look? And what a fun 'coming out' party at your own wedding!

great recap, feif!

both of these women looked truly amazing by the end of the show. they were both on good morning america this week and still, it just amazes me at the difference.

Bumpkin, Blake did not recognize her at all when she stepped out of the limo onto the white carpeted aisle that she would walk down to meet and marry him. He tried to look past that "beautiful lady" to see Karen and then realized it WAS her. He loves the way she looks. It was great.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

LG.
    thanks feif, those are QUITE dramatic changes in the ladies.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Both women turned out gorgeous. They went from very tired and worn out looking to a walking advertisement for cosmetic surgery.

I wish they would tell us the cost of the total job, but I suppose they don't want to scare anyone off.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast