+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shedding for the Wedding

Shedding for the Wedding

Normally, I don't start threads about new shows, but my brother & his fiance are going to be on here! Hopefully they come across good! So everyone watch! Then I'll tell you which guy is my brother, lol!
    It's on the CW tonight after America's Next Top Model

Shedding For The Wedding | About | Show Information

They say two of the most stressful things in life are losing weight and getting married. Imagine having to go through both at the same time. In The CW's new reality competition "Shedding For The Wedding," that is the challenge that nine overweight couples must face as they compete to see who can lose the most weight and win the wedding of their dreams.

In the series hosted by actress Sara Rue ("Less Than Perfect"), the engaged couples from all walks of life come to Los Angeles, where they will live together and compete over a three-month period. The couples will undergo dramatic physical and emotional transformations as they change their lifestyles and eating habits under the supervision of celebrity nutritionist Ashley Koff (RD). They will also endure hours of grueling workouts with world-class trainers Nicky Holender and Jennifer Cohen.

During this time, the couples will also be planning their fantasy weddings with the help of A-list wedding planner Brian Worley. The unique character and background of each couple will be reflected in the wedding themes they select.

In each episode of "Shedding For The Wedding," the couples face off in a big physical challenge, competing to win one element of their wedding -- from the invitations, to the cake, to the rings. Whatever they win will be theirs to keep. At the end of each episode, the couples will step on the scale and be weighed together -- the two couples who have lost the least amount of combined weight that week will face off in an elimination challenge. The couple that loses that challenge will be eliminated.

In the finale, the first seven eliminated couples will return for one more weigh-in. The couple that has continued to lose the most weight at home on their own will win their fantasy honeymoon. Then our final two couples will face off for one last weigh-in. In the end, one couple will win their fantasy wedding -- a once-in-a-lifetime event -- that America will attend.

Hosted by Sara Rue, "Shedding For The Wedding" is from 25/7, Breakfast Anytime, Horizon Alternative Television and Raquel Productions, with executive producers Dave Broome ("The Biggest Loser"), Rick Hurvitz ("Pimp My Ride") and Ari Shofet ("Pimp My Ride").
    Last edited by holly71; 02-23-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Shedding for the Wedding

I was just coming to post that this would be on the CW at 9 Eastern time tonight, because the review I read made the contestants sound like nice and real people, not people wanting media careers. Which one is your brother, so we can root for him?!

Sara Rue was on Craig Ferguson the other night talking about the show. I love her, so I may tune in just to see her.

I know it's contest, but I hate seeing people get eliminated on shows like this. It's different where it's about cooking or design or whatever, but this show is about getting healthy and losing weight and every one of these people needs to be there. I hope that they ALL lose the weight they need to lose in order to get healthy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Normally, I don't start threads about new shows, but my brother & his fiance are going to be on here! Hopefully they come across good! So everyone watch! Then I'll tell you which guy is my brother, lol!
    It's on the CW tonight after America's Next Top Model
    Yes, who is your brother? I'll watch it to support a FORTers sibling.

Well, they had a segment on about nutrition and how the couples have to prepare their own meals. I wonder if that will be a regular segment of the show?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wasn't really feeling the show last night. Too much like Biggest Loser. I will watch it again next week to determine if I am going to stick with it or not.

Thanks for your cyber support, y'all!

Peter & Taylor are my brother & his fiance. Peter was the guy that attempted to do the worm during the dance off & Taylor was the one who started gagging from exerting herself. I felt bad that I laughed when she was gagging, but I love her because she makes my brother happy & she really is a sweet girl.

I was sorry to see that first couple get eliminated. He was cracking me up & even Taylor & Pete said he was hilarious. I would have liked to have seen more of him. Oh well, at least it wasn't my brother getting eliminated!

From the previews, it looks like the girls gang up on Taylor next week.
    Last edited by holly71; 02-24-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Thanks for your cyber support, y'all!

Peter & Taylor are my brother & his fiance. Peter was the guy that attempted to do the worm during the dance off & Taylor was the one who started gagging from exerting herself. I felt bad that I laughed when she was gagging, but I love her because she makes my brother happy & she really is a sweet girl.

I was sorry to see that first couple get eliminated. He was cracking me up & even Taylor & Pete said he was hilarious. I would have liked to have seen more of him. Oh well, at least it wasn't my brother getting eliminated!

From the previews, it looks like the girls gang up on Taylor next week.
    Thanks for letting us know who they are. I'll keep tabs on the show now. Normally I avoid shows like The Biggest Looser and such because I disagree with how they have people do it.

did anyone watch last night?

Peter and Taylor were the bottom two. Taylor didn't lose any weight and Peter lost 4 pounds. They had to compete and won the challenge so the other couple went home.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast