+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shedding for the Wedding

Re: Shedding for the Wedding

I know. I watched it. I just didn't know if anyone else did.

I love Taylor but I felt like she was being a wimp last night. She has this really funny laugh & I was hoping it would make it on some episodes, but it doesn't look likely. Peter is really quick witted & funny, but they're not showing any of it. I don't feel like they're showing their personalities.
    Last edited by holly71; 03-03-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I just recorded the last episode but only just started watching it. (Hubby got home and wanted to watch Survivor) but I'll finish it tomorrow.
    But from what I did see, it seems a little unfair but maybe I need to know more. How can you put people who are very, very overweight against people who are only very overweight. I always thought that the more you had to lose, the faster it would drop off........if everything else (food, workouts) were the same.
    I'll keep watching.
    Fingers crossed for your brother, Holly71!

It is fair, if you watch the final weigh in you'll see that they do a percentage on the weight loss.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Wish the other team would have gone home tonight from what I saw. First time watching it. Don't like the woman on the team that ended up staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Wish the other team would have gone home tonight from what I saw. First time watching it. Don't like the woman on the team that ended up staying.
    I think she's very motivated & I didn't like her at first but she has grown on me because of her determination. I don't much care for her fiance though. He seems..."slow". Sorry ifthat's mean, but that's how he strikes me.

I liked Lindsay at first but then I heard she's a two-faced fake, so I'm not sorry to see her go.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    I think she's very motivated & I didn't like her at first but she has grown on me because of her determination. I don't much care for her fiance though. He seems..."slow". Sorry ifthat's mean, but that's how he strikes me.

I liked Lindsay at first but then I heard she's a two-faced fake, so I'm not sorry to see her go.
    You can be determined and still supportive. But I've only seen her this time, so perhaps that is how she reacts to stress. She just seemed like the most "I want to win this dream wedding ... oh yeah, any marry my fiance." But this is the first ep I have watched, so I might have a different opinion if I had watched it from the begining.

I work with special ed students and I didn't get that from her fiance. Maybe a bit cowed by his stronger personality fiance.

FORT Fogey

I watched this for the first time. It feels very watered down. If their goal is weight loss they are not being aggressive about that aspect at all. Biggest Loser is over the top. granted, but this is way too weak.

look I am the last person to speak about anyones weight..but it seems like these producers will make a reality show out of ANYTHING...urghhhhhhh

I think if these people really and trully want to lose weight then they should do it in a healthy method...and that goes for the biggest loser too..we have seen several of the people who actually won their seasons go back to gain all the weight plus more again....the focus so much on the weight loss and what IMO the focus should be on is changing their lifestyles and I don't think they take the time to do that..most of the people on these dieting show do tons and tons of exercise and eat only about 1000 or less calories a day but they don't learn how to handle it once they return to normal life JMO..for what its worth
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Rats. Another team that really needed to be there went home. The more I see of Allison the more I dislike her. Does she ever mention wanting to be healthier? It seems to be always about winning the "dream" wedding and how much HE needs to do better. When she was saying he lost only 2 pounds, he mentions the week SHE lost little. That is brushed aside. HE is the one that needs to improve because SHE NEEDS the wedding. UGH.

The team I am rooting for is by default now. Don't like the guy on one team and the woman on another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast