+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: An Idiot Abroad

FORT Regular

Re: An Idiot Abroad

LOVE this thing! The Mexico one is especially hilarious- Running away from the Mexicans w/ the gunpowder float thing, then the bull, then the bees. LMAO. Still have to watch the China one.
    Just downloaded a bunch of Ricky/Steve/Karl podcasts too...soooo great. I can't figure out if Karl is an idiot or a genius. lol

The new season, An Idiot Abroad: The Bucket List started this past weekend! This time, Ricky and Steve send Karl around the world to do "bucket list" things....only it's not his bucket list.

For the first episode, Karl gets sent to a desert island (Vanuatu)....but it's not as peaceful as he's hoping.

Karl Pilkington is comedy gold!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is this on HBO? I googled and was sent to the Science website where they have videos, all less than 30 minutes. I have basic cable with a few extras, but not Premium.

I loved reading this thread and am always looking for something quirky, funny to watch.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

No this is on the Science channel. Probably not part of a basic plan.

Yay! I'm happy this show is back. The first episode was a promising start to the season!

That bungi jumping scenario they put him in looked terrifying. Even worse than jumping off something like a bridge because the little "house" the cord was tied to was, itself, suspended in the middle of nowhere!! I am not a fan of heights, so it gave me the heebee-jeebees just watching it! I don't blame Karl one bit for not doing that one!!

The sound those vines made when the people were land diving made me shudder. That sounded extremely painful and it seemed like they would end up popping their joints out of socket!! I was glad that Karl at least gave it a bit of a try, and it was so funny to see all of the tribesmen carrying him around afterward. I also cracked up when Ricky was razzing him about the height he jumped from.

ETA: After the last Idiot Abroad was over I started listening to some of the Ricky Gervais podcasts. They have one called "Karl Pilkington: A Day in the Life" that is quite funny. It is free and you can find the iTunes link here (right now it is #18 in the list, but if that changes the release date is 10/28/10):
    iTunes - Podcasts - The Ricky Gervais Podcast by Karl Pilkington
    Or you can find it outside of iTunes on this page:
    The Ricky Gervais Podcast by Ricky Gervais - Free Podcast Download

Side note: I am really looking forward to another Ricky Gervais/Steven Merchant creation featuring Warwick Davis (little person, star of the movie Willow, played many characters in the Harry Potter movies). It is called Life's Too Short and it premieres on HBO on Feb 19th!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks for the tip on the new show, ClosetRT, I'm going to sit it to record!

Saw the first episode yesterday. LOVED IT!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Did I just spell "set" "sit"? That's gonna gnaw at me Leslie Knope-style.

Watched the Trans Siberian episode last nite. I love Karl!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

We watched the Trans Siberian rail episode last night. If I were Warwick, I probably would have wanted to knock him over the head with something during that conversation at the end of the show. But Karl's final comment was something like "There's a girl who's been here only four months and she already has her own mushroom to live in!" and I was
    Poppy Fields likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast