+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: An Idiot Abroad

Re: An Idiot Abroad

I have been watching this show with my son. The highlight of the entire series for me was in the finale when Karl was explaining that a person could die if they ate more than 6 bananas (potassium poisoning). He said something like "So when I walked in to the green room and there were 6 bananas in the bowl it made sense...7 would have been dangerous". I was ROLLING
    My son and I will be making references to that one for a long time to come...

FORT Newbie

Watched this for the first time last night on the recommendation of a friend. Saw the one where Karl goes to Brazil. I loved it. I'll now watch all of them. He's visiting the seven wonders of the world but I think only 3 have been televised correct?

I absolutely love this show. Peru and Mexico are my favourites. Very few shows make me laugh out loud, but I almost fell off the couch a few times

Kiz

I adore Karl. My son got me hooked on An Idiot Abroad, which wasn't a very hard task. He then told me I should watch The Ricky Gervais Show on HBO. Animated Karl is absolutely hilarious.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by BreeBrit View Post
    Watched this for the first time last night on the recommendation of a friend. Saw the one where Karl goes to Brazil. I loved it. I'll now watch all of them. He's visiting the seven wonders of the world but I think only 3 have been televised correct?
    Nope, they have shown the whole series. They had a separate episode for each wonder: China, India, Jordan, Mexico, Egypt, Brazil, Peru and a finale where he returns home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I adore Karl. My son got me hooked on An Idiot Abroad, which wasn't a very hard task. He then told me I should watch The Ricky Gervais Show on HBO. Animated Karl is absolutely hilarious.
    Now I'm gonna have to go look for this show so I can see "animated Karl"...

FORT Newbie

Darn! ON DEMAND only had the 3 and then his return. I'll have to try and find the others on line or something. Watched Peru last night. Poor Karl.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by BreeBrit View Post
    Darn! ON DEMAND only had the 3 and then his return. I'll have to try and find the others on line or something. Watched Peru last night. Poor Karl.
    Oh wow, I didn't know there was a "Return" episode. I'm going to watch it OnDemand tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't know there was a "Return" episode. I'm going to watch it OnDemand tonight.
    I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. I thought it was HILARIOUS!!! Although I did have to pause in the middle to Google "Congress tart"....

Kiz

Closet...I absolutely loved it! And now I get to watch again with my husband.

MRD

I hear the companion journal is equally hilarious. Amazon has it. Karl has 4 books. I want to read them all. We cancelled our premium channels. I really miss the Ricky Gervais show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast