+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think You Are? (TLC)

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC)

Good news for fans of the show. Lisa Kudrow was on Craig Ferguson tonight and she mentioned that they would be doing more episodes of this show. She didn't go into detail, but it sounded like they would not be on NBC. I searched around and didn't find any other info, so there's no way of knowing what the time frame is, but I'm happy that she hasn't given up on the show.
    GabbyG, Moontat, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

yeah....I loved this show....I feel like a geek but I do love it....
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

If you're a geek, I must be one too, because I loved the show. I didn't even care who the celebrity was from week to week, because to me, the stars of the show were the ancestors anyway.

I wonder if one of the cable network snatched it up. Seems like it would be a natural for something like the History Channel. I just hope whatever network airs it is one I can get.

FORT Regular

Looks like it was picked up by TLC and Kelly Clarkson will be one of the celebrities.

Kelly Clarkson Embraces Her Southern Roots on ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justhad2c View Post
    Looks like it was picked up by TLC and Kelly Clarkson will be one of the celebrities.

Kelly Clarkson Embraces Her Southern Roots on ‘Who Do You Think You Are?’

You mean The Learning Channel will actually be airing a show from which it's possible to learn something? That'll be a nice change from the bulk of its programming.

Great news! This will be the first time I've watched anything on TLC in a very long time.

I love Kelly Clarkson, so I'm looking forward to seeing her episode! I did a little searching and TLC hasn't released any air dates yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I love this show too. I'm glad to know where to find it, Thanks! I have it on my DVR list and I'm hoping it will record regardless of the channel.

Just announced the new season will start July 23rd on TLC.....

Here is an excerpt from a press release I knew Kelly Clarkson, i believe Wyonna Judd but here are some other celebrities that are appearing this season:

Who Do You Think You Are?" explores the roots of celebrities who embark on an intense personal journey to discover their family's past. Some of the celebrities to be featured in these all-new episodes include Christina Applegate, Cindy Crawford, and Zooey Deschanel. Each of the 8 hour-long episodes reveal the real person behind the celebrity as they come to understand the lives their ancestors lived that helped shape the person they are today. As part of the show sponsorship, Ancestry.com provides important family history research on each of the featured celebrities, which is used to build out the story of each episode.

Looking forward to the new season cannot wait!!!
    Last edited by dreamonia; 05-21-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Dreamonia, when you post an article or press release from another site like that, we require a URL. I'll leave your post this time, but please make sure to include a link next time - it's a copyright issue.

Here's an article on The Wrap:
    TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive)

Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky's celebrity documentary series gets a second life on the cable channel

Published: May 21, 2013 @ 1:28 pm

Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky-produced celebrity genealogy series, "Who Do You Think You Are?," can add a new branch to its family tree.

TLC has picked up the former NBC documentary series for eight new one-hour episodes set to premiere on July 23. Production is already underway.

"I've never stopped hearing about how much people love 'Who Do You Think You Are?,' and I've always known that we've had more great stories to share," said exeucutive producer Kudrow in a statement. "TLC is a great home for the series, and we join our excited celebrity participants as we unearth some amazing background and surprising histories."

Christina Applegate, Cindy Crawford, and Zooey Deschanel are among the stars who will track their family's lineage on the upcoming season.

"'Who Do You Think You Are?' is at home on TLC, going beyond these famous names and revealing the hidden backstories of today’s biggest celebrities," said TLC general manager Amy Winter.

"We hand-picked these contributors because they are real, down-to-earth individuals who have a deep passion for family, which is central to our brand. Our audience will join them on this emotional journey as they learn never-before-known details about their own lives.”

Produced by Shed Media U.S. and Kudrow and Bucatinsky's Is or Isn't Entertainment, the new season will include all the elements the show's fans have fallen in love with, including its close association with Ancestry.com. The sponsor will provide research on each of the featured celebrities. It is based on a British series from Wall to Wall and Alex Graham, which aired on BBC.

"Who Do You Think You Are?" aired for three seasons on NBC before the network canceled it last May. Martin Sheen, Rob Lowe, Blaire Underwood, Sara Jessica Parker and Paula Deen are among those who appeared on the show's NBC run.
    TLC Brings NBC's 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Back From the Grave (Exclusive) | TheWrap TV

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Yay! I'm glad it is coming back. I was watching "Family Tree" on HBO the other day, which caused me to curse NBC once more.

+ Reply to Thread