+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think You Are? (TLC)

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC)

I know about 1/4 to 1/5 of them. For every Graham Norton and Jeremy Irons, there's a Hugh Quarshie or Carol Vorderman. Honestly, I don't care if I know who they are or not or if I like them or not. Some of my favorite episodes have been for people who I hadn't even heard of....or had a negative opinion of. I just enjoy the show. The fact that these people are in the public eye doesn't have much to do with it.
    Allie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm glad the show is back for another season. I really like it. I was happy to see Marissa Tomei. She has a cousin who lives in NC, that I met many years ago. I was hoping his side (her dad's) of her family might get featured, but it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I know about 1/4 to 1/5 of them. For every Graham Norton and Jeremy Irons, there's a Hugh Quarshie or Carol Vorderman. Honestly, I don't care if I know who they are or not or if I like them or not. Some of my favorite episodes have been for people who I hadn't even heard of....or had a negative opinion of. I just enjoy the show. The fact that these people are in the public eye doesn't have much to do with it.
    They have a Canadian version of this show, and I still find it fascinating. They are unknown people, but going back in time is fascinating, so I agree with you. One guy found a war hero, and a very poignant story about an ancestor of his.

The YouTube channel I mentioned upthread has just started uploading Canadian episodes. I'm looking forward to diving in!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

My listings don't show this on this week. Is it just here or is it pre-empted everywhere?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It's not on here either Miss Scarlet. The time slot is marked for the NAACP awards.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I could be wrong, but I think they did say "In two weeks..." in the preview for the Blair Underwood episode.

Thanks both of you.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

It's a good excuse to go watch some UK and Canada episodes of the show on YouTube tonight!

I never knew there was a UK version of this show....already found a few episodes I am gonna check out: Jeremy Clarkson, Rupert Evertt, Alan Cummings (the good wife), Graham Norton....

sweet....

+ Reply to Thread