+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think You Are?

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC)

It's a repeat tonight. Rosie O'Donnell for St Patrick's Day. They still have Ashley Judd, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Steve Buscemi left I think.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow View Post
    It's a repeat tonight. Rosie O'Donnell for St Patrick's Day. They still have Ashley Judd, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Steve Buscemi left I think.
    Oh thanks! I forgot about Ashley Judd and Gwyneth Paltrow. Guess I am looking most forward to Steve Buscemi. I really like this show and hope it will be back in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Oh thanks! I forgot about Ashley Judd and Gwyneth Paltrow. Guess I am looking most forward to Steve Buscemi. I really like this show and hope it will be back in the fall.
    My guess is that season 3 will premiere next year around the same time that season 2 did.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    My guess is that season 3 will premiere next year around the same time that season 2 did.
    Who would everyone like to see featured next season? Here are some of my choices: Montel Williams, Regis Philbin, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Hudson, Lorraine Bracco, Ricky Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Morgan Freeman, Catherine Zeta-Jones ....

Who would everyone like to see featured next season? Here are some of my choices: Montel Williams, Regis Philbin, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Hudson, Lorraine Bracco, Ricky Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Morgan Freeman, Catherine Zeta-Jones ....
    Very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I saw a short clip of Lisa Kudrow discussing the show on Hulu. She said that when she originally proposed the show, the reaction she got was that it might work on the BBC, but we (meaning Americans) aren't interested in history.

Nice to know that network bigwigs assume we're incapable of showing interest in anything beyond immediate pop culture.
    Then those network executives were pretty ignorant, seeing as how it started airing on the BBC in 2004, where it's been a phenomenal success. Their series 8 is in production -- one of the subjects is David Schwimmer.

FORT Fogey

New show tonight featuring Steve Buscemi. NBC says he will be discovering the "rogues and villains of his ancestry."

New show tonight featuring Steve Buscemi. NBC says he will be discovering the "rogues and villains of his ancestry."
    Yaaaay!!!!!!!!

You know, I guess it is kind of a risky thing to do. What if you discover that your ancestor was a serial killer or infamous villain? Yikes!

There could be a silver lining though. You could write a book about it! LOL

I agree with the posts above about the lack of intelligent tv programs. I watch some junk tv, but I really prefer quality programs. I recall when I was just a little girl, around 8 or 9 years old, I would stop playing outside to come inside and watch the news with Walter Cronkite! My family thought it was quite odd. I'm not sure why, but I enjoyed it. I'm not sure of that either because it had a recap and live footage from Vietnam every night.
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-25-2011 at 03:58 PM.

FORT Fogey

I enjoyed Steve Buscemi's episode. He's certainly better looking just being himself than in any of the roles I've seen him play. I don't think his great-grandfather was exactly a rogue or a villain, with the exception of the arrest for beating up a guy. The poor man died at a young age from TB that he probably caught from a patient.

How eerie was that when Steve found out that the restaurant where he and his wife frequently eat, and where they had just eaten the night before, was in the same building where his grandparents once lived.

Good show. Gwyneth Paltrow next week.

I really enjoyed this episode too. I like Steve Buscemi a lot, so I was looking forward to seeing his episode anyway. He's always seemed like a nice, normal guy. The jokes about the irony of having a dentist in the family were so funny.

I thought it was his great grandmother who lived at the address where restaurant is now. I'll have to watch again. Either way, that's a pretty extraordinary coincidence.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread