+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think You Are?

Re: Who Do You Think You Are?

Ancestry.com does charge a fee (somewhere around $100-$150 a year I think,) but, depending on the state you are researching, it can be well worth it! While I found less info, my husband researching in North Carolina found tons and tons.

Good luck, Deb! I think it's so cool how this show makes us think about our families, history and those who came before us. Such positive show which is out of character for what we typically see on today's TLC.
    causingchaos likes this.

I did Ancestry.com for about a year and found it was just too expensive for the last of information I was able to find. My great-grandmother emigrated from Sweden when she was 10 (1856) and unless I can learn Swedish, hire someone in Sweden to search records, or pay even more for the overseas records, I'm stuck.

Thanks for the info on Ancestry.com. I'm in NC and I think that most of my ancestors from on both sides are from NC and VA. Then it goes to England and Ireland.

Let me add that it is addicting and you can get the first month free.
    AmyKay and nanarama like this.

If you need tips or help, there's a genealogy thread in the GD forum
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just watched Brian Blessed's episode on the UK series and OMG, do I love him! He's so boisterous and enthusiastic and absolutely darling. He's just so theatrical. He did learn quite a lot but, even if he hadn't, I still would have enjoyed watching him.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Late to the thread but there are places that maintain a Ancestry.com subscription for use by the public like our local genealogical resource place does. What I found is that it didn't offer any records I couldn't already get for free at that same resource center where they used to be on microfiche. When I tried ancestry.com I hit the same road blocks I had before which was kind of disappointing.

I got a chuckle out of Kelsey Grammer and the parallels between him and his cad of an ancestor. Can he really not see the similarities?

I still haven't found anything to explain why Lauren Graham's episode got cut this season. Weird.

I wonder if they discovered some stuff she didn't want aired.
    Critical likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I wonder if they discovered some stuff she didn't want aired.
    It does make you wonder.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread