+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think You Are?

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC)

Just to add, I may suggest my MIL tell Jennifer Nettle's maternal grandmother (no blood connection on this line - Jennifer's grandfather, my MIL's brother is deceased) about the Trisha Yearwood connection when she next goes to Douglas where Jennifer is from as they sometimes go to lunch together. Or, she could tell her (my MIL's) sister who lives in New York. Jennifer has or had an apartment there and they have had her over for dinner before. Jennifer's mom used to live fairly close to us and I know she called my MIL a while back to ask her genealogy questions, but I heard she's moved to Tennessee to help Jennifer with the baby.

My husband's side are all confirmed anti-schmoozers and wouldn't try to get in touch with her directly for ANYTHING. They figure if she wants her privacy so badly, good riddance to her. (My sister-in-law refused to go to her baby shower for that very reason!)

I also can't wait for the Jim Parsons episode. I guess that it will be the last one of the series for this Summer. Darn! I've enjoyed them all with the exception of Kelly Clarkston who really annoyed me!

I haven't seen this show in the listings in ages. Apparently it's still on since many of you are posting about it. But the title of the thread says "NBC". Where are you watching it? I'm sure not seeing it on NBC.

I hate it when the networks do this to us. They bring on a good show & then move it to Pay TV, so people like me can no longer see it. That is, unless it's still on NBC & our local affiliate for some reason isn't showing it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I haven't seen this show in the listings in ages. Apparently it's still on since many of you are posting about it. But the title of the thread says "NBC". Where are you watching it? I'm sure not seeing it on NBC.

I hate it when the networks do this to us. They bring on a good show & then move it to Pay TV, so people like me can no longer see it. That is, unless it's still on NBC & our local affiliate for some reason isn't showing it.
    It is currently on TLC on Tuesday evenings at 9 I believe. It used to be on NBC and TLC revived it....

maybe the Mods could reflect the channel change in the title??

So far the closest I have come to anyone 'famous' in my line is my husbands grandmother is related to Adams the US President....or so the story says but it would be interesting to see if we do!

FORT Regular

Critical and Moontat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by justhad2c View Post
    that is good news! In today's plethora of mindless and sometimes sleazy reality tv (and yes I do watch some of it too), its nice to have something that people might actually LEARN something from.

Looking forward to tonights show!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm watching the Jim Parsons episode right now and am enjoying it except for the stupid Honey Boo Boo countdown and advertising all over the screen As if those two shows appeal to the same audience. Jeez. I'm going to have to watch this again OnDemand without this stupid crap on the screen.
    AmyKay and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Loved the Jim Parsons episode. Hated the Honey Boo Boo clock. I do wish he'd gone over to Plaquemine when he was up at LSU visiting the genealogist (whom I knew in 3 professions back), since it was so close, to research the doctor relative more. But to find a church built by an ancestor and find that he was hosting the likes of Ben Franklin...that's just amazing and inspiring. I'm sure my relations didn't have that kind of connection, but it makes me curious.
    nanarama likes this.

I really enjoyed it. His ancestor was quite the man! Both the doctor and the architect. To have hosted Adams and Franklin.... wow...

I also hated the Honey Boo Boo clock!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I enjoy this show and Say Yes to the Dress and a couple other TLC shows but I also hate the Boo show as well as the Sister Wives....why such a difference in quality among their shows?

I enjoy this show also, and I find myself getting more and more interested in my lineage each time I watch.

Harmony- I have traced my family back to the Lees too! Not Robert, but a cousin or great uncle or something, Charles Lee, and the Lees Ive traced back to the 1600s in Virginia. I think its interesting that my part of that family travelled out west to St Louis area and my grandparents ended up coming back to Virginia. Im sure they didnt even know the connection. Also, when researching Charles Lee last night, I have a blood line to Peyton and Eli Manning!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread