+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think You Are?

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC)

AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm excited too Critical.

Here's a list of participants - in no particular order:

Chris O'Donnel
    Jim Parsons
    Trisha Yearwood
    Kelly Clarkson
    Christina Applegate
    Cindy Crawford
    Zooey Deschanel
    Chelsea Handler

Wondering if Zooey will bring along Emily? I know I can plan to skip the last one on that list, but the first 3 are a MUST SEE!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Show begins tonight - remember that it's on TLC now. We might actually LEARN something!

This thread is hard to find . . . apparently none of the words in the title are long enough to appease the "search gods"!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

WTH is with TLC only giving the show 30 minutes? That's maybe 23 minutes of actual show. NOT happy.

ETA: Okay, so is it 30 minutes or is it an hour? My onscreen guide says 9-9:30, but then it says 60 minutes in the description. I hope it's the latter. Weird.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-23-2013 at 11:48 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I love this show.

I really did not like Kelly's episode. It was way too much OHMYGAWD and HUGESMILES for me. It just seemed super forced. I love her relationship with her mother though, that seemed genuine. I also didn't like the massive leaps of assumptions they made regarding her ancestors and his reasons for joining the war.

BTW - I watch the show On Demand and it skips right through the commercials. No Honey Boo Boo promos for me!! Bonus!
    Moontat likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    WTH is with TLC only giving the show 30 minutes? That's maybe 23 minutes of actual show. NOT happy.

ETA: Okay, so is it 30 minutes or is it an hour? My onscreen guide says 9-9:30, but then it says 60 minutes in the description. I hope it's the latter. Weird.
    It was an hour for me, despite what the menu said.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

She is a really bad actress. It's a good thing that she can sing.
    Moontat likes this.
    Trust Me!

I checked the show's FB last night and I was not the only one whose cable guide indicated that the show was 30 minutes. Weird.

I enjoyed the show last night. I think Kelly is adorable and natural. So what if she says "awesome" too much? I found her endearing and loved that she hugged everyone who helped her. I think that's a first on this show!

I've mentioned it upthread, but the British version of the show tends to focus more on the genealogy aspect than on the personal interest stuff, ie., they don't generally focus on ONE ancestor for the entire hour. Plus, the episodes are a bit longer in the UK.

I think I would prefer the UK version. I really don't care about the personal interest side. I also would have loved to learn about more of her ancestors instead of just the one.

I wonder if I can find the British version somewhere online to watch?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

YouTube

+ Reply to Thread