+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think You Are?

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC)

I guess I'm double posting.
    Tonight's the night. It's back with Helen Hunt.
    Allie likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I kept saying to myself, that cant be Helen Hunt, she doesnt look like HH! Fascinating family though.

I like that Helen Hunt hasn't gone and ruined her face with a bunch of plastic surgery. She looks her age and doesn't look all plasticized.

I really enjoyed her episode and got really emotional when she talked about her daughter and her ancestor who had such a role in women's suffrage.

I'm really looking forward to Rita Wilson's episode. I'm a fan and, based on the previews, it looks like it'll be a good episode. I'll have my box of Kleenex ready!
    Cootie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

What I like about this show are the unusual history lessons. The history lessons on this show aren't at all like what I learned in history classes.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    What I like about this show are the unusual history lessons. The history lessons on this show aren't at all like what I learned in history classes.
    I agree. Its because we have real faces with the times.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I agree. Its because we have real faces with the times.
    It's interesting when they read old newspaper articles. Also, the Women's Christian Temperance Union worked on legislation to protect working women from being exploited by men. They also were for a lving wage and an eight-hour workday. The women in the WCTU had the time and the money, so they were trying to improve society.

FORT Fogey

Helen Hunt and Jack Nicholson starred in a movie called "As Good As It Gets." JN played a writer with obsessive-compulsive disorder, and HH played the only waitress at a restaurant who could tolerate serving him. It was a very well-written movie, an interesting character study... and HH and JN both won Academy Awards for their roles.
    ButterflyFaery and AlwaysVeg like this.

i missed the last half of Rita Wilson's tonight....had to play driver for the teenagers...can anyone fill me in i got to the part where she was at the third place and found out her father had been married then found she had a half brother
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

She finds out that her dad's first wife died a couple of days after giving birth to the child, then the child died four months later. Rita's dad then moved to another town in Bulgaria where he was watched as a suspicious person and then ended up in the work camp. He escaped the work camp, which was highly unusual. Rita then met her father's 90+ half-brother. The half-brother was also in the work camp and was beaten and interrogated after Rita's dad escaped. The brother couldn't escape too because he had a family (presumably also in the work camp). Rita's brother Chris flew over to meet the half-brother.

Reading this back, it sounds very matter-of-fact, but it's a really great, emotional moment when Rita met her uncle. I highly recommend catching it on demand or online.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    She finds out that her dad's first wife died a couple of days after giving birth to the child, then the child died four months later. Rita's dad then moved to another town in Bulgaria where he was watched as a suspicious person and then ended up in the work camp. He escaped the work camp, which was highly unusual. Rita then met her father's 90+ half-brother. The half-brother was also in the work camp and was beaten and interrogated after Rita's dad escaped. The brother couldn't escape too because he had a family (presumably also in the work camp). Rita's brother Chris flew over to meet the half-brother.

Reading this back, it sounds very matter-of-fact, but it's a really great, emotional moment when Rita met her uncle. I highly recommend catching it on demand or online.
    I will sounds like I will need the tissues thanks for the info
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread