+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Ugh, this show seems like such a phony con that I've stopped recording it.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Yep, it is pretty phony but I still find it fascinating how these young men can be so successful with real estate. They really know what they're doing and apparently, doing it well.
    I enjoy Josh's relationship with his grandmother. They seem to have a special bond that goes beyond what we're shown on the show.
    But I mostly love seeing these incredible homes. Amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Isn't that pretty much all of Bravo's shows?

I know a lot of it is staged / "scripted reality", like Millionaire Matchmaker (and all of the Housewives franchises), but I still enjoy them.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fanatic

Just watched a recorded episode, and Josh Altman was doing a deal with Mauricio (RHBH) and Josh Altman also had Maxim (dwts) looking at a property Madison had listed.

I just like looking at houses/prices.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3 View Post
    Just watched a recorded episode, and Josh Altman was doing a deal with Mauricio (RHBH) and Josh Altman also had Maxim (dwts) looking at a property Madison had listed.

I just like looking at houses/prices.
    My only reason also! because the boys have little to no personalities, especially now that quirky Josh is no longer there.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Josh Flagg and the guy with the grandmother (Madison?) are both very guarded in their personalities, and they are always cutting their eyes to the side. Makes them look like they are very calculated and scheming, to me. Altman seems comfortable with himself.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like the addition of Altman. He seems pretty grounded.
    Flagg still seems like a tool to me.
    At this point, I'm not all that happy to know about the current home prices.
    They keep plummeting.
    On another note, they had Chad Rogers on 1 of our local news shows the othr day.
    He was talking about how RE prices are really staring to recover and how now is such a good time to buy - assuming one has money to do so.....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    At this point, I'm not all that happy to know about the current home prices.
    They keep plummeting.
    On another note, they had Chad Rogers on 1 of our local news shows the othr day.
    He was talking about how RE prices are really staring to recover and how now is such a good time to buy - assuming one has money to do so.....
    You are sooo right.
    We just sold our house...on sale for 8 months ( a long time for So Cal)..now in escrow. Just awful for how much the estimate fell over that time.

I feel for you, Dragon Lady.
    I hope, if you bought another place, you got a good deal on that one to compensate, at least.
    I'd love to sell, but my place has just dropped too much at this point.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I feel for you, Dragon Lady.
    I hope, if you bought another place, you got a good deal on that one to compensate, at least.
    I'd love to sell, but my place has just dropped too much at this point.
    Yes, we got a good deal on our new house, probably something we wouldn't have been able to have a few years ago. I absolutely adore this new house. Never really liked the old house but it served it's purpose.
    We'd been at the other house for 12 years, did a lot of improvements and still made out very well on the price but it was a lot less than what it would have been 2 years ago. It's all relative, I guess, and I'm not complaining. It's a good feeling to finally find exactly what you want and we plan to stay here forever.
    Re Million Dollar Listing, why does Josh Flagg continue to look so scruffy? It's obvious he's been raised in an affluent family and he's dealing with affluent clients, so why look like that? In the last episode, we saw that his twin assistants had borrowed his "silver," as he called it. That was a lot of beautiful silver serving dishes. Isn't he a little old to be "rebelling" and isn't it a little contradictory to be involved with wealthy clients, own quality items and look like a bum?
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 02-27-2011 at 03:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread