+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4191398;
    His mother had already told him that he was going to forego his commission. He, reluctantly, agreed.
    that really annoyed me that she was making business decisions for him. If my mother did that to me, I'd be furious. Very presumptuous on his mother's part.

He should have asked her if she works for free (which I'm sure she doesn't) & would have told her "well neither do I!"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4191398;
    His mother had already told him that he was going to forego his commission. He, reluctantly, agreed.
    Ooooh!! I only saw the portion of the episode where they were having dinner and it showed his commission so I missed that. pretty pushy of her....still, he could have ignored her and taken the commission anyway, so I still think it was a nice move.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4191647;
    that really annoyed me that she was making business decisions for him. If my mother did that to me, I'd be furious. Very presumptuous on his mother's part.

He should have asked her if she works for free (which I'm sure she doesn't) & would have told her "well neither do I!"
    Who knows if he got a commision or not? The whole thing seemed like a set up to me to showcase that the guy may be cut-throat in business but deep down, there beats a kind and loving heart.
    I imagine this isn't the first, nor will it be the last time that we're shown the "human" side of these guys. Bravo wants to make sure we like them and what's not to like about a guy who does what his mom asks and is kind to old ladies??

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In fairness to Josh Altman, he was shown arguing (fairly strongly) against giving up his commission, since this is how he makes his living and pays his bills. As I recall, the mother was close friends with this woman's family and knew that the woman was planning on this money to see her into her remaining years, and his mother said that this would be a "mitzvah". I looked it up, and "mitzvah" was explained to be "a moral deed performed as a religious duty. As such, the term mitzvah has also come to express an act of human kindness." Josh agreed to do it. Looking at Josh's appearance and the way he carries himself, he has been pretty successful in his chosen profession and, IMO, sometimes it's just good to "give back".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    In fairness to Josh Altman, he was shown arguing (fairly strongly) against giving up his commission, since this is how he makes his living and pays his bills. As I recall, the mother was close friends with this woman's family and knew that the woman was planning on this money to see her into her remaining years, and his mother said that this would be a "mitzvah". I looked it up, and "mitzvah" was explained to be "a moral deed performed as a religious duty. As such, the term mitzvah has also come to express an act of human kindness." Josh agreed to do it. Looking at Josh's appearance and the way he carries himself, he has been pretty successful in his chosen profession and, IMO, sometimes it's just good to "give back".
    I'm in full agreement with you about how nice it would be if he did a good deed for a friend of the family. I just think it has too much Bravo-ness about it to have been a real deal.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like how his mother told him that this is what he was going to do, and he finally fell into compliance.....reminded me of myself! When I tell my son (which is not very often, anymore) what he WILL be doing and why, that usually cuts the griping and chatter right out. I'm telling you, even when they are grown, you are still raising/teaching them some way, somehow!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I like how his mother told him that this is what he was going to do, and he finally fell into compliance.....reminded me of myself! When I tell my son (which is not very often, anymore) what he WILL be doing and why, that usually cuts the griping and chatter right out. I'm telling you, even when they are grown, you are still raising/teaching them some way, somehow
    Very true words!!
    Sometimes amazes me the power we have when we speak......no matter their age. They're just lucky we know when to pull out the Mom-voice and when (most of the time) we don't.

Anyone see last night's episode?

Wow...talk about re-using reality people on Bravo..
    They showed 1 of Camille's (RHOBH) friends, along with her boyfriend, listing her Westside Belair home with Josh Flagg. They were living in Malibu and needed to sell it.
    Then, they showed Max (DWTS), as a client of Josh Altman's. The latter was showing him a Malibu listing of Madison's. Josh told Max, however, that the house was priced too high and he shouldn't consider it. Looks like they're trying to set up some manufactured drama bet. Josh A. and Madison, kind of like they did last season.
    They also showed Mauricio (RHOB) co-listing a home with Josh A. Said home was eventually leased by Josh A, with a promise to the owner that both he and Mauricio would try to eventually "sell" it when the market picked up in a year or so.

Talk about "crossover" reality "stars."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Anyone see last night's episode?

Wow...talk about re-using reality people on Bravo..
    They showed 1 of Camille's (RHOBH) friends, along with her boyfriend, listing her Westside Belair home with Josh Flagg. They were living in Malibu and needed to sell it.
    Then, they showed Max (DWTS), as a client of Josh Altman's. The latter was showing him a Malibu listing of Madison's. Josh told Max, however, that the house was priced too high and he shouldn't consider it. Looks like they're trying to set up some manufactured drama bet. Josh A. and Madison, kind of like they did last season.
    They also showed Mauricio (RHOB) co-listing a home with Josh A. Said home was eventually leased by Josh A, with a promise to the owner that both he and Mauricio would try to eventually "sell" it when the market picked up in a year or so.

Talk about "crossover" reality "stars."
    Yes, nrh, I watched and yes indeedy it was a 'crossover' epi for sure!

And I wondered why Josh A went to Mauricio and Kyle's home … I would have thought he would have had some big LA office in some big LA hi-rise office building … not to be doing business in their family kitchen … oh and all those phone calls … please.

MAKS … I will say the location of that home was AMAZING … I did not really care for the home but I would JUMP at for the location and in MALIBU!!!

I have to say I love Josh F's grandmother. She is hysterical. "Look at their fingernails" … I think the twins will be good.

That Russian dude always looked so UNHAPPY. Ugh. Bye Bye.
    KAREN

I'm really liking the new guy, Josh Altman, too. He's likable, very ambitious, and a real pro in real estate.
    The three leads are a very good mix.
    I can't believe that Josh Flagg, whom I like very much, was ever in court a few years ago for supposedly stealing objects from homes of a few of his clients - or from homes of trusteeships he managed (I'm not sure of the exact charges against him).

I'm glad that the charges were dismissed.
    I hope that there was no truth to them or, if they were true, that Josh has really learned his lesson!
    Those charges - bogus or not - would be the only hesitation I'd have if I were thinking of becoming his client.
    Not a chance.....I moved away from his neck of the woods, and Madison's, twenty years ago - but in watching the show, I get to relive old memories.
    Marti

+ Reply to Thread