+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

FORT Newbie

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

I have been watching on and off this season, but the fact that so much of this is scripted, is getting so over-the-top obvious, it has lost me. I know most reality shows HAVE to be scripted, because let's face it; real life would be too boring to watch. But the baseball player acting like a complete idiot was too embarrassing to watch; I turned the channel. Add to that, last night's obnoxious little girl doing the negotiating for her father was so inane. So set up. And she came off as a stupid, rude, and over indulged child (as many kids on the West Side of LA are.)

And, I know all these guys are professionals, dealing in high-dollar real estate. But the constant fighting between offices is so childish. I know tons of people in real estate in Los Angeles, and they cringe when they see this part of the show.

Josh and Heather's relationship is something I just don't care about. She is a spoiled woman, and a whiner. 'Nuff said.

But mostly, we were thinking last night how difficult it is to watch people on reality tv. Everyone is so self-absorbed. So self-serving. Constantly bragging about themselves and how wonderful and intelligent they are. At least the people living and working "in the Alaska shows" are a bit more humble. And they come off as more intelligent and more caring. These real estate guys are they types that, when living in LA, I did all I could to stay away from. "Its all bout ME!"

I know; I am probably in the minority. I tune in to actually see homes, what they are going for, and what they sell for. Silly me!
    Last edited by Critical; 11-01-2015 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Corrected text color - BLACK only!
    Punkin, Debb70 and Zann like this.

Hi, justmythoughts! I'm sorry to have to tell you that the ballplayer, Wilson, is a certified whackadoodle in real life. He played for my Giants and helped us get a couple of World Series wins, but he is what might kindly be called eccentric. It embarrassed me to watch too. But then, the World Series thing, you know.

I can't stand Josh Altman and his vapid girlfriend. And the two Brits could go home anytime. It was nice to see Madison!

But I just love Josh Flagg. His backstory with his remarkable grandmother is warm and real to me. His relationship with his boyfriend is so much more genuine than Altman's. He's a bit quirky, but in a sweet way.
    Lynda

I love how respectful of Grandma Edith the show has always been. They must have loved her as much as the viewers. I certainly understand Josh not wanting to do anything yet with that apartment. My mother moved into her mother's house after my grandmother passed away. We all thought it would be super hard, but she felt comforted by her mother by being there. It does feel like she'll be walking out of the kitchen still sometimes when I am there. I hope Josh can feel that comfort at some point. I do like that his mother told him that she wouldn't be able to live there because of the memories though. Colton cracked me up imitating Edith a couple of times. It was funny but not disrespectful because you could tell they were happy but quirky memories for him.

Josh Altman annoys me constantly. I much prefer the Brits over him. As far as I'm concerned Josh A is the one who could go and I wouldn't miss him. He has such a chip on his shoulder and seems to feel the need to bring other people down to prove his worth, rather than just being good at what he does and that being enough. I couldn't live like he does.
    Punkin likes this.

I really can't stand Josh A. I just do not believe the reasons he has given to put the marriage on hold. Something is up with him and it will probably come out at some point. I don't believe his explanations.

I like the Brits okay. They are not mean like Josh A.

I normally like Josh Flagg, but I do think he is not very considerate of his partner. He seems like a huge boss over the guy. He doesn't seem to be big on compromise. His partner seems downtrodden, though is very supportive of Josh F.

Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

They're very cute photos. I hope she's going to be happy. I can't help but wonder how she'll be happy considering how ambivalent Josh seems to be about the marriage, family, together time, etc. I know he said he came around, but......I don't know. I don't trust much of what he says. And I think he suffers a lot from OCD about his job. I don't think he will ever be able to change that. So, I hope she doesn't mind being alone a lot and doing a lot of parenting without his help.
    Punkin likes this.

Having a child can work wonders on changing a person and giving them a new perspective. I hope that works for Josh.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    They're very cute photos. I hope she's going to be happy. I can't help but wonder how she'll be happy considering how ambivalent Josh seems to be about the marriage, family, together time, etc. I know he said he came around, but......I don't know. I don't trust much of what he says. And I think he suffers a lot from OCD about his job. I don't think he will ever be able to change that. So, I hope she doesn't mind being alone a lot and doing a lot of parenting without his help.
    Do you think that is for 'show' with Josh acting like the super work-aholic!?!?

And that he possibly might not be like that when the cameras are not rolling!
    KAREN

Who knows what someone is really like, but she did call off the wedding once due to his behavior. Even he admits he's like that.
    momrek06 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Having a child can work wonders on changing a person and giving them a new perspective. I hope that works for Josh.
    Speaking of having a child, any news on Fredrik and Derek, in that department?

+ Reply to Thread