+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

This is a classic conundrum! A woman is attracted to a man, in part, because of his drive, ambition and success. However, she is jealous of the time he dedicates to those same attributes. Another case of wanting to have your cake and eat it too.
    Punkin, Jexter and cavendish like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I just wanted to clarify: I never said and don't think Heather is all about the money. I think she loves Josh-- but also wants not feel that she comes second in his life. No woman wants to lose out in the competition with a man's job. However, I believe that she also takes for granted that whoever she marries-- that the person would be able to afford the type of real estate that she sells-- to put it one way. The whole way she has presented herself, her choice of a profession selling high-end LA real estate-- I can't believe she has any expectation other than being what, to me, would qualify as rich.

Uncle David puts it extremely well.
    Punkin and prhoshay like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    This is a classic conundrum! A woman is attracted to a man, in part, because of his drive, ambition and success. However, she is jealous of the time he dedicates to those same attributes. Another case of wanting to have your cake and eat it too.
    Makes total sense to me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Josh A. said he wanted to make a couple of billion dollar sales and then relax and enjoy life with his family. I'm wondering if that is possible though. Look at Donald Trump. Some people love the chase as much as the reward. I'm not sure Josh A could settle down and just be semi-retired. If a woman can live with that kind of thing, then go for it. I just think it makes for a long life of disappointment. How many family gatherings where the husband/dad is not really there mentally? How many holidays that are missing dad? How many vacations where dad is actually working and not devoting time with the family? IMO, it would be a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I get the feeling Heather definitely wants, or expects, to be rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I just wanted to clarify: I never said and don't think Heather is all about the money.
    Hmm, I read your first post as Heather is 'about the money'.
    KAREN

Hi Momrek96,

I got the feeling you thought I meant that. I might not have phrased it as well as I could.

I definitely think Heather loves Josh-- I just think also that when you're in a certain milieu, you position yourself in a certain way, and have certain unspoken assumptions about where you fit in. She has a good heart and is a good person, but realistically, she has certain aspirations and assumptions about what lifestyle she expects to lead. Not that she would pick someone for that reason, but that on the other hand, she meets lots of people who are able to provide a certain level of income, and probably many of them have a lot to offer as people to. So it's not unexpectable that she could find a great mate in that group.

For example, I grew up in an academic family, so I expected to meet and fall in love with someone who had certain attainments in that domain. It's just what I admire and am attracted to in a mate, and probably wouldn't have been satisfied without-- and I think it's the same for Heather.
    Uncle David likes this.

Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Then why is she carrying on about having babies in the previews if they haven't even found the time to get married yet???
    Lynda

FORT Regular

Anyone know when it starts in Canada? We just got the premiere of MDLSF last week.

Anyone watching?

I was really shocked at some things that were said last night. Josh A. talked to his dad about how he is not ready to get married or have a family. He's saying he loves Heather but it's not the right time.

This is a huge red flag to me, especially when Heather was talking to Josh's mom about their home life. She said that Josh gets out of bed often at 2:00 in the morning and goes to his office to work. Hmmm......why would a realtor need to go to the office at that time? What is at the office at 2:00 a.m. that he can't get on his phone or computer? I had the same suspicion when Vicki (also a realtor in CA) of Real Housewives of Orange County was married to her last husband and he made the same complaints about Vicki going to her office late at night. Later, it was revealed she was seeing someone. So, I suspect the same with Josh. If it's true and that is why he has called the marriage off with Heather, it will eventually come out. I wonder if Heather has her suspicions.

Are there any realtors around here who know why you need to go to the office in the late night hours so often?

+ Reply to Thread