+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

I suspect that Edith left her penthouse to Josh. And I suspect that she was not living in that apt when she died for several reasons.(They named the place that would miss her, something like Hillbrook, ???) You could tell from the comments that she was in a nursing home or retirement community from things that were said to Josh. And right after her death, when he went into her apt there were many pictures missing from the wall as if if things had been moved from there some time ago.

This article says she died at her home in Century City, but why all the comments that sounded like she was in a facility getting care? Hmm.....

Edith Flagg dies at 94; L.A. designer helped popularize polyester - LA Times

Maybe the comments were about a Hospice group or something like that. ??
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-07-2014 at 08:23 AM.

It was mentioned on the show that Edith will be missed at "Hillcrest" which, to me living here in L.A., means the country club (golf club) near Edith's penthouse in Century City. Edith may have been a member of this club for many years, which is well known for their lovely dining facilities and social events. Once you're a member at this exclusive golf club, which as I recall was started years ago for the Jewish community because due to prejudice they were not welcome as members at other posh country clubs in L.A., members of the country club have standing weekly/monthly lunches/dinners as social activities, which is probably what Edith participated in. I seem to recall Josh Flagg saying on the show that his grandmother indeed died at home. It would be more likely she would have had 24-hour care at home rather than being in a nursing facility of some kind as her condition gradually worsened.
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.

So sad. My heart broke for Josh. They were so close. And since he was the only grandchild, I suspect a large chunk of her estate went to him.

I bet the move to the Hilton is Colton's really trying to do whatever he can to provide a supportive environment for Josh. They probably will never go back to the other house, if it reminds Josh of losing Edith. I can't quite see them moving into her penthouse, although maybe Josh would-- It's obvious that this is a devastating loss-- and probably he's going through a lot of emotions that are difficult to control.

So I think Colton, like a devoted partner, is willing to sacrifice a lot to help Josh hold it together. I certainly hope so--- two major loses together would really be awful-- and Josh somehow doesn't seem that close to his parents. I can't figure out if Edith raised him, or if they just bonded somehow when he was a kid and so she became almost like a parent, because they had this special connection.

Whatever it is, I was touched by Josh A's reaching out. I think he has a good heart really and gets a bad rap. He's a workaholic for sure, but I don't think he's a half bad person. The Brits I"m sure are perfectly lovely-- they just leave me a bit cold. I feel like they should have similar names like Tip and Tap, or Flip and Flop or something.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heather is in quite a spot. With this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that Josh has received, I don't see how she can say "No." If I were her, I could not deny him that chance. I think she needs to just walk away and let the chips fall where they may. He'll either come after her or he won't......and if he doesn't, well she made the right move.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks Annifran,
    You are absolutely correct about Hillcrest! It is a country club. It was the FIRST club for Jewish members in LA! I think you answered my question.
    Hillcrest Country Club (Los Angeles) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get the feeling Heather definitely wants, or expects, to be rich. But I don't see Josh retiring any time soon, not while there's the next mountain to climb, or the next big developer to find a property for. He's one of these guys who's not only a workaholic, but also always has to be number one-- and you can't be number one if you're sitting at home with your family or out on the golf course all afternoon. So I don't see him stepping back from the real estate scene. I think Heather has to decide how much she wants to be, or would settle for being, Mrs. Number One with a reasonably successful career of her own-- or if she wants a marriage with more one on one time, and more of a family man.

I'm not sure Heather could walk away from what Josh can offer-- but he might just have blown it with the way he handled the wedding planning-- and she might figure if he's that disrespectful to the centrality of her experience and input around their wedding, where's he going to be when she gives birth? when the kids need him? if he'd been a bit more attentive to her preferences with the wedding, even minimally, they would be on track. But he just might have crossed the line with the level of his disregard. It's kind of too bad.

Everybody has to decide what they are willing to accept. It could be the best for everybody if they decide NOT to marry. She should accept what her inner voice is telling her, as should he. Lord knows, marriage is not always a good thing; better not to have to get divorced.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't get the feeling that Heather is all about the money at all.

Because she would not care or mind that Josh is so busy with his career or that he landed that BIG contract if she was "about the money".

I really thinks she wants a husband who will be there for her. Go out with her. Go on weekends away with her. Maybe go to the gym with her.

BUT Josh is the one allllllllll about the money. Geez, he basically says it week after week. He just strives day in day out to BE NUMBER ONE IN L.A.,
    no matter what the cost and the cost now is Heather cancelling the wedding.
    KAREN

I think Josh is being very honest, but is in danger of caving into pressure. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be #1 in your field as long as you are honest with yourself and those around you.

I, for one, hope Heather is smart enough to, indeed, cancel the wedding or be content being his girlfriend. We, so frequently, get married for the wrong reasons.

+ Reply to Thread