+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

FORT Fogey

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

I thought the scene where it was revealed they were going to tear down the house seemed SO staged! The acting wasn't that good, it wasn't that dramatic, and it just seemed to convenient that Josh would go into it talking about how important it was that she not find out the plans until the deal was done, only for the guy to have the first words out of his mouth be about construction trucks. Why on earth would a buyer ask the seller about how to handle that anyway? They wouldn't! Perhaps it was because it was all staged, but I thought her response was rather logical - dissapointment that a house that she loved so much would be torn down, followed by acceptance that her family didn't own it anymore, and that's the way things happen.

I have had a fair amount of dealings with people who buy and sell homes in my business for a long time and I have never seen anyone who cared what happened to the house they sold. There are exceptions, such as if you are selling a house that is next door to a family member who will continue living there. You wouldn't want to sell to someone who is going to turn it into a junk yard, but other than something like that, who cares? People don't share your taste. Most will want to remodel or put their own style on the house. I agree that a lot was staged.

I must say that that was a tiny kitchen for $26 million. I didn't care for the style in there at all, even if it was handpainted from England.

I enjoyed this show so much. Between the crazy (high?!) realtor that showed Madison the 'dirt' house, and Josh Flagg's iHOP love it was just fun to watch. Josh Flagg asking the server at iHOP if they had a liquor license was hilarious. I don't believe he meant to be pretentious or facetious but him even asking that was just too funny. I find it endearing that he who has so much and always has gets such pleasure out of German pancakes at iHOP, even if he wants them cooked a certain way.

One thing I did miss was Grandma Edith - she's an important ingredient in this show and I miss when she doesn't even get her two minutes.

I love Grandma Edith. She is so delightful! She's naturual and funny. Producers don't need to tell her anything.

What are German pancakes?

FORT Fogey

I had to look up German pancakes. It appears they are crepe like and baked in an oven instead of on a griddle. I was at an ihop Friday night and quite disappointed to discover mine didn't have them on the menu!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I thought the scene where it was revealed they were going to tear down the house seemed SO staged! The acting wasn't that good, it wasn't that dramatic, and it just seemed to convenient that Josh would go into it talking about how important it was that she not find out the plans until the deal was done, only for the guy to have the first words out of his mouth be about construction trucks. Why on earth would a buyer ask the seller about how to handle that anyway? They wouldn't! Perhaps it was because it was all staged, but I thought her response was rather logical - dissapointment that a house that she loved so much would be torn down, followed by acceptance that her family didn't own it anymore, and that's the way things happen.
    ITA. It all seemed staged, starting w/her shopping in the boutique...free ad time for that shop! But it also was confusing about who owned that house.
    If you watch RHOC, you know it's her father in law's house who recently died. And yet, at times, she acted like it was her "mom's" house, and referred to memories like she grew up there.
    I can understand why someone w/pots of money would want to re-build the house but I can't help but feel sorry that so much will be just trashed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think the person with "pots of money" is looking at it with a business eye, to build a more sensible house. I still say that house is ridiculous. A house like that, if people are so very attached to it, should remain in a family forever, as a legacy/oddity. I'm still leaning towards "stupid".
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

She said it was her mother in laws house, which is technically correct since it became her's when her husband, Richard Zanuck died. Marisa's only personal commentary was that she was married on the grounds. She was also the listing agent, so talking about the imported brick and delft tile makes sense wearing the hat of agent. She works for the same firm as Josh A. and Mauricio, by the way, which is why she is a guest housewife on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
    Last edited by Newsboi; 08-27-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    Trust Me!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone, other than me, seen the pics of that strange realtor's (Chad's) body since he decided to work on it. Chad was the guy obsessed with his helmet hair the first couple of seasons who just disappeared and never seemed to be referred to again. He is all chiseled and buff now! The helmet hair is still there. The article said that he works out 4X/week, and I think his girlfriend, Starla, is gone. I do believe that he is still selling real estate.

I still expect to see him with a guy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I've seen the shirtless pics. That's quite a six pack. He's still a girly girl.
    Trust Me!

+ Reply to Thread