+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Million Dollar Listing (Bravo)

Isn't a workaholic one who likes to work and work and work and work? Like Josh? The good part for Heather is that she works in the same field. She wouldn't be way out in left field if she married him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

I hate that the season is over. This was far and away my favorite season. I truly enjoyed the lack of Chad Rogers.

I definitely think, like most of you, that quite a bit of this show is staged. One thing I will say is, I think the negotiations specifically are staged. I think they film negotiations after both the buyer and the seller already come to an agreement.

I mean, the way Bravo shows it, these agents are making decisions for their clients for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I'm a Realtor. I've sold million dollar plus homes (albeit on the east coast). That doesn't happen.

I really liked all three guys though. I love the properties they preview, list, sell. I love the antics. The antics got old, and felt completely staged, but whatever. What was the season, like 8 episodes? Way too short.

And lastly, I find it interesting that Josh Flagg is dating Gollum from LOTR. Interesting couple, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231 View Post
    I hate that the season is over. This was far and away my favorite season. I truly enjoyed the lack of Chad Rogers.

I definitely think, like most of you, that quite a bit of this show is staged. One thing I will say is, I think the negotiations specifically are staged. I think they film negotiations after both the buyer and the seller already come to an agreement.

I really liked all three guys though. I love the properties they preview, list, sell. I love the antics. The antics got old, and felt completely staged, but whatever. What was the season, like 8 episodes? Way too short.

And lastly, I find it interesting that Josh Flagg is dating Gollum from LOTR. Interesting couple, to say the least.
    Re the bolded parts: I don't miss Chad at all!!! So much better without him.

But I don't understand your reference to Lord of the Rings.

Although it's apparent that a lot is scripted, I still enjoy this show and the guys a lot. And I think they handle the scripted part well.
    Sorry to see it end so soon. Probably the best season so far.
    Really, really loved Josh A's assistant at the piano in the one open house. He was great!

FORT Fogey

Josh A's assistant is funny. I think it was mentioned that he's an old friend of Josh's from high school. I do know he's in a band (much like Jett Pink on "Flipping out"). I have to wonder if he isn't, partially, a...I don't want to say 'charity case' exactly, but maybe Josh A's employing him as much for his bottom line as for the goodness of his heart. Or maybe he just wants somebody he can trust from way back. Either way, it was cute how Josh said that Madison had Heather (whose sexiness was lost on him!), Josh F. had the twins, and he had Mikey. I think it's those flashes of self-deprecating humor that rescue Josh Altman from being entirely the player that so many people see him as. I agree with him that Josh F. shouldn't have rung Madison up to tattle on where he saw her. At the very least, I'd have thought Mr. Flagg to be too busy to find time to do that sort of thing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    He seems like a good guy to me. Madison is jealous as all get out! It bugs me that he wants Heather to wait for him to tell her what her next career move will be.
    I think Madison has an inferiority complex to some degree. He says he feels betrayed because Heather did ... what exactly? Consider her own best interests? Consider how they might be merged with Madison's own interests? Dare to aspire? Date Josh Altman (did Madison want Josh for himself)? I can't figure out exactly what Heather was supposed to have done wrong, which means I can't figure out why Madison is reacting so wussily. I can only figure it's because it is yet another break up in his life.

But that's his issue, not Josh's, not Heather's. The way he's 'handled' this Heather's got to leave, if only coz it's obvious he doesn't care for her career (which she in turn could call a betrayal).

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I agree with him that Josh F. shouldn't have rung Madison up to tattle on where he saw her. At the very least, I'd have thought Mr. Flagg to be too busy to find time to do that sort of thing.

I think Josh F. called Madison because he didn't know what was going on & I think he was wondering if they were coming to join his group. I don't think he was calling to "tattle". I think that was just Josh A. over-reacting.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm View Post
    I think Madison has an inferiority complex to some degree. He says he feels betrayed because Heather did ... what exactly? Consider her own best interests? Consider how they might be merged with Madison's own interests? Dare to aspire? Date Josh Altman (did Madison want Josh for himself)? I can't figure out exactly what Heather was supposed to have done wrong, which means I can't figure out why Madison is reacting so wussily. I can only figure it's because it is yet another break up in his life.
    I also think there is something else involved in Madison's anger about Heather?Josh connection. It's not just the job thing. There's something more. I'm not sure Madison is even aware of what it is either. And unless he figures it out, we won't know either. But it's deeper than what it appears to be.

I also don't think Josh Flagg was "tattling." He seemed very sincere and confused when confronted about it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tattling? Maybe not. 'Meddling' and 'poo-stirring', is more like it. Whatever it was, it was inappropriate. He should have just tended to his own business.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

I dont' think it was tattling, so much as it was staged.

Look... Heather had camera's following her around the interviews, including into that office.

Josh has camera's following him around.

To think that Josh went to the office without having any idea that there was another camera crew there is not believable.

He knew she was there. The situation was staged.

Bravo tv = drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I don't see Josh A as a workaholic. His work, which he really loves, is his life, his main love, his raison d'etre..... a wife and family would always be second. Like many men, he thrives on his work, it's what makes him who he is and he enjoys the everyday battle immensely and how he measures his worth.
    There are some people who work constantly for other reasons, maybe to gain wealth, avoid unhappiness in their outside life, perfectionists, etc etc.
    But for Josh, he just eats it up with total satisfaction. Nothing could please him more.
    Unfortunately, a lot of women don't recognize this before they marry these men. It takes a rare woman, with lots of self esteem and other interests to find satisfaction with a husband like that.

Sorry, didn't realize I was going to do a psychological autopsy of Josh when I started this post.
    Your analysis seems right on... Altman loves his work.... I think he loves land and buildings, not people, though. I wondered how/why he let himself be portrayed as a person who puts himself and his commission above the best interests of buyers and sellers. He seems like a man who would assess customers for their ability to blow money his way, and that's about all he sees in them.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread